What have you learned on your weight loss journey so far!

Options
2»

Replies

• Just_One_Me
    Just_One_Me Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    stay away from soda ! :wink:
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    It's hard but if you got the drive, nothing can get in your way!
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    So much!!

Overall, you only live once and you need to make the best of it!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I learned i can do a lot more than i thought & that my will power ab food is much stronger thn i thought. In the beginning, I hated to exercise. Now I love it. In fact, when my 1 day off a week comes, I miss it. It's addicting. Fitness has slowly become my life. I eat sleep & dream it. I literally do dream ab doing Turbo Fire LOL
    This has been one of the hardest & more stressful thing I've done. It's such an emotional rollercoaster. 1 day ur happy cuz u lost weight & the next day ur upset cuz u didn't. But it's making me stronger even if I feel weak sumtimes.
    I know I've proven myself to others, cuz when I said I was going to do this no1 believed me. 8 months & 47lbs later, no 1 doubts me.
    I was actually upset about this whole journey earlier. This post made me think & it helped. Thanks OP. :)
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have learner that I am stronger than I imagined. I quit smoking nearly 5 months ago. I did not start exercising for a while after. Since coming here to mfp eating better and exercising makes not smoking a firmer commitment. It just does not fit with my life now.
  • FriendsR4EverTreasures
    Options
    that "moderation not deprivation" is still the way to go!!!! eat what you want just don't over do it
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've learned that not every meal has to contain meat or cheese... not that I am going vegetarian mind you but the little changes alone are huge.

That exercising is not the big bad scary thing I thought it was.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I have learned
    - that I'm worth it
    - that taking care of myself means valuing my health over a quick fix of something tasty
    - that food is fuel and needs to be separate from my feelings
    - that my body is physically capable of much more than I think it is
    - that I don't push myself enough
    - that telling certain people about my lifestyle change/weight (if they ask) inspires me and them
    - that watching hot guys lift weights in the gym makes me enjoy cardio SO much more!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    That the word tone doesn't mean what I thought it meant.

That when my trainer says "Do you want to try heavier?", or "You are really strong" I almost burst from pride.
  • Micksgurl
    Micksgurl Posts: 84
    Options
    1. I have learned that small changes are easier to adapt to.

2. I have learned that working out can actually be my friend.

3. I have learned that I am going to be successful even if I lose only a pound a week. Im not in a race.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    That a LOT happens in the fitness effort that does not show up on the scale:

* If I had not yet stepped on a scale, I would think I had lost 10 lbs this month. I lost only 1 lb.
    * I have a super-stable sense of self-control with food (yeah, finally!!!!),
    * I am increasing leaps and bounds in my strength and endurance training,
    *I feel LOADS better,
    * I look so much better,
    * my clothes fit better (some no longer fit-yesss!!),
    * and on and on....:)
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I don't have to starve to lose weight. And I've learned that I'm happier losing weight at a slow, healthy rate rather than stressing myself out trying to lose it all RIGHT NOW! I don't have to compete with anyone, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks- I'm doing this for me. I've learned that I'm fiercely independent and I hate conforming to a set exercise program and I am more motivated and work harder when I'm doing my own thing.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I'm mentally a LOT stronger and dedicated than I thought I was. Seriously.

Never thought I'd run 3.1 miles - I do it at least 3-5x a week now. :]
  • Sammijo24
    Sammijo24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've learned that my body is capable of so much more than I thought and that I have alot of will power, strength and determination. (: But most importantly Ive learned to love myself.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I have learned
    - that I'm worth it
    - that taking care of myself means valuing my health over a quick fix of something tasty
    - that food is fuel and needs to be separate from my feelings
    - that my body is physically capable of much more than I think it is
    - that I don't push myself enough
    - that telling certain people about my lifestyle change/weight (if they ask) inspires me and them
    - that watching hot guys lift weights in the gym makes me enjoy cardio SO much more!

THIS! <3
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. It goes up and down but the general trend should be down... The healthy lifestyle is a greater lifestyle than all the fat cakes I ever enjoyed. It is my sincere desire to never return to my old lie-style... (misspelling intended) -- it was a lie to myself...
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    that I bloody well LOVE the changes that my body is going through! I can do 2 pull-ups! thats 1.5 more than last month! I feel more confident/badass, I just love my life more!
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's just keeping track of what you eat. Once I got used to it, I eat whatever I want. I just keep tack of it and make good choices. It got easier after the 1st month.