Does dating affect your fitness progress?

Options
j4nash
j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
Anyone else have this problem? I start dating someone and my working out goes to crap. #singleftw

Replies

• Evellitha
    Evellitha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just started seeing someone and I was scared of that. But he was actually inspired by my motivation and we work out together now!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    No, I started dating someone last fall after about 4 months after I started watching what I eat/workout. He's learned that no matter what I make time to workout regularly and eat healthy 98 percent of the time and theres no swaying that.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Ugh I'm glad I'm not alone here...YES! Dating to me is fun of course, but I also eat out more, drink more, and workout less. I know many people say that's an "excuse" but I'm a very fit person, I'm not looking for the reason to stuff my face lol. I've been compensating by adjusting my gym times (I'll go early in the morning) and by eating as perfect as possibly during the day if I know I have a date that night.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know :sad: I've only been getting healthy nice I've been single!
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    I've been with my OH for almost 3 years and in the first few months we ate in restaurants at least once a week and had a lot of desserts and picnics and takeaways...it was an amazing time, but I put on a LOT of weight, which I'm still paying for. But after we started living together we got back into a more normal routine, and he's motivated me ever since. We exercise together and he spurs me on too. So...yes and no!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have this problem? I start dating someone and my working out goes to crap. #singleftw

My workouts doesn't go to to crap, because I'm typically dedicated to getting to my goal. I do spend some of my free time consumed with said person, but I make time for both. But if it comes down to it, sometimes the lady gets more time obviously.

But, I've always found that dating a girl who's fit/active can help as well.

Which was the reason for my thread yesterday that I liked skinny/fit girls, because it goes well w/ me

And some schmucks got it locked.
  • kristi321
    kristi321 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    YES! My last relationship lead me to gain 10lbs and eat crap like he did. Now that I'm single again I lost the weight and my health is number one. I need to date somebody like minded in the future... I think that would help.
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    I started dating a personal trainer... no problems here ;)

But I can definitely understand it being an interference. Remember: even though you're in a relationship, you still have to work on yourself. You can only love someone as long and as much as you love yourself, so keep exercising! The infatuation will die off eventually and you'll settle back into your routine, but just try to keep your priorities in line. Even if that means saying to your date, "Hey, I really want to be able to hang out with you week, but I haven't been able to work out at all lately. Would you mind postponing our date until tomorrow? Or maybe would you like to come with me and work out?" I'm sure your girl/guy would love to spend that time with you working on something that means a lot to you :) Just make them know it means a lot!
  • ninu13
    ninu13 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    YES!!! is really hard for me dating... am at college,I exercise and I work full time!! I usually dont have time for dating! :ohwell:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yes, because lately I've been dating... which means eating out a LOT more than usual!

One guy I dated for a little bit was a bodybuilder... and being around him was easier on my diet because we rarely ate out (he kept a very strict diet).
  • keddabee
    keddabee Posts: 81
    Options
    YES! Tend to eat out a lot and just have fun without thinking about the consequences.

Now I'm single I've been more focused on sticking to my goals. BUT I did meet someone in the weekend and instantly knew he wouldn't be interested in me because of the way I looked. Thats more motivation for me to get off my butt and do something about it because next time I see him hes gonna be like DAMN... *insert evil laugh here*
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yep, as someone has already said, it messes with my workout time. I already get up at 4:30 in the morning, to fit in a workout would require being up a lot earlier.

My solution is to have as much "fun time" as possible to burn calories.

:wink:
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    skipping the gym today for a date...smh
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Don't date. Problem solved haha.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

My workouts doesn't go to to crap, because I'm typically dedicated to getting to my goal. I do spend some of my free time consumed with said person, but I make time for both. But if it comes down to it, sometimes the lady gets more time obviously.

But, I've always found that dating a girl who's fit/active can help as well.

Which was the reason for my thread yesterday that I liked skinny/fit girls, because it goes well w/ me

And some schmucks got it locked.

*don't

:flowerforyou:

Haha.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

HAHA. You'd appreciate this someecard thing I posted on my FB last week about being single. FTW indeed LOL
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! I started seeing my fiance in Sept 2011. He likes BIG girls. Im talking 250-300 lbs. So he doesnt care if Im fit. Its easy to say well screw it if it doesnt matter to him so why should i care. But I care and honestly I care what others think. I know he loves me regardless of how i look but come on Im a woman and have needs. I like when guys check me out(grant you doesnt happen often) but its still nice to know you still have it :)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Stop putting all your efforts into a woman. Keep true to who you are and what you do. They dont want you to change.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    It's hard! My boyfriend doesn't work out and he eats like crap. But I've put my foot down and let him know I'm not going down that road with him. I make sure I get my work outs in AND I bring healthy meals to make at his house when I'm there.
  • oOoMicheleoOo
    oOoMicheleoOo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I started dating a personal trainer... no problems here ;)

Oh need to be finding myself one of them :o) x