Motivating quotes.....

Options
So this morning I was feeling pretty down....I'm unemployed in Michigan, waiting almost 3 months for unemployment compensation......So I wanted to just stay in my jammies and cry all day.

I felt like I needed something to get me going and I'm short on cash, which has tankfully led to an absence of comfort food. I knew that some sort of exercize would help, but I just didn't feel like getting dressed.

Anyway the point is, I went online and searched for Les Brown....My all time FAVORITE speaker in the whole wide world! His story is more than motivating and his voice reminds me that I AM TOO.

These are the two quotes that got me going this morning:

~Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.

~If you fall, fall on your back. If you can look up, you can get up.

Got any motivating quotes to share????

Replies

• barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    hmmmmmmmm....... I'm thinking :laugh:

Yours are good! Thanks for sharing!

Good luck to you! :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Watch this. . .it's awesome! Everyone has their down periods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tjYoKCBYag
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Simple.... "WHATEVER IT TAKES..." :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is motivating, but it is a quote I like

"Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere"
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Denis Leary from Locked N Loaded....

"PUT THE FORK DOWN!"

"I thought I was going to be the starting center-fielder for the Boston RedSocks, Life sucks Get a Helmet"

"Crack. I would never do a drug named after a part of my own *kitten*"
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i have the lyrics

scratch past the itch

tattood on my ribs! it reminds me to go one step further and that once you hit your goal it doesnt have to stop there. extremism! yea!:glasses:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Watch this. . .it's awesome! Everyone has their down periods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tjYoKCBYag

Wow ... I like that one. It's my new motto. Thanks for that.
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So this morning I was feeling pretty down....I'm unemployed in Michigan, waiting almost 3 months for unemployment compensation......So I wanted to just stay in my jammies and cry all day.

I felt like I needed something to get me going and I'm short on cash, which has tankfully led to an absence of comfort food. I knew that some sort of exercize would help, but I just didn't feel like getting dressed.

Anyway the point is, I went online and searched for Les Brown....My all time FAVORITE speaker in the whole wide world! His story is more than motivating and his voice reminds me that I AM TOO.

I love that you turned to the inet to cheer you up! that's genious. you could have just let yourself be down and cry all day....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNu0g57l7RQ is full of good quotes!
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    www.onlinemotivator.info.....for a free quote everyday!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    watch this one, it always makes me laugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsEZ2lpM0Yw
  • HeatherMMB
    HeatherMMB Posts: 95
    Options

• HeatherMMB
    Options

• HeatherMMB
    Options

• HeatherMMB
    Options
    and now maybe I will write something - sorry about that.

here is great web site.......
    http://www.pauseworks.com/index.php

and some good quotes:
    Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. - Dr David M Burns

No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. – Nietzsche

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. ~ Leo Tolstoy

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. - Robin Williams, comedian

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition. - Carl Sagan

Good on ya for asking for support.......sounds like the ride is bit bumpy right now. It will pass it always does - have been unemployed myself - it's hard but the bad times do pass. Keep aksing for help when you need it! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    and take good care of you! :happy:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options

OMG :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • stormdragon777
    Options
    This has gotta be the one that's driving me since I started up again :

"Whether you think you can or can't, You're right" - Henry Ford I believe. That, and my sig below "Unyielding Resolve has no Conqueror"

Also, basically ANY quote about honor, glory or guts from the movie 300! Yup!
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options

If you've never seen No Cure For Cancer or Locked N Loaded...your missing out on life!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I have a few that I've posted at my desk to motivate me, hopefully they will help you as well. Keep your chin up! :bigsmile:

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it - Pablo Picasso

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality - Unknown (to me)

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain - Unknown (to me)

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion
    - The Dalai Lama
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options

LOL, funny motivates me, I LOVE this one, hahahahahahah:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: