cellulite and weight loss

Options
out of curiosity, for those who have lost weight and had cellulite, did it get a little better, worse, or stay the same after your weight loss?

i dont need the hows and whys of what it is (i know all that) just asking what others have experienced....

Replies

• AmyLyn1983
    AmyLyn1983 Posts: 100
    Options
    I haven't lost too much weight yet and I have lost some inches. My cellulite is still there, but I'm noticing it's less noticeable. If only I could get rid of it for good! lol! I've read that it doesn't ever really go away though. :ohwell:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yeah, i know theres nothing you can really do to make it go away but was curious if weight loss had any effect on it ....
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The more fat you lose, the more it will go away. It isnt the weight loss its fat loss that determines it.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    When I lost all my baby weight down to 102-105 pounds it was at its worst. Then I got smart and bulked with heavy lifting and gained 5-ish pounds of muscle, which completely got rid of all of my cellulite.

PROOF:

105 pounds here doing low calorie and only cardio:

oldlegs.jpg

112 pounds here doing only heavy lifting and HIIT training and eating a TON more not to mention 5 years older (disregard stupid face as I was drunk on a cruise and my hubby thought it funny to take drunk pics of me):

legs.jpg
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It got better for me. I think it has to do with strength training, muscle building, lots of water, included with my cardio. I'm excited about it!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Mine got a lot better.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i figured it would, just wasnt sure :)

yall are looking great!
  • rosiewantsaburger
    Options
    yea, it does get a bit better, you should take a before pic and when you loss more weight take another, you will see differences!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    When I lost all my baby weight down to 102-105 pounds it was at its worst. Then I got smart and bulked with heavy lifting and gained 5-ish pounds of muscle, which completely got rid of all of my cellulite.

PROOF:

105 pounds here doing low calorie and only cardio:

oldlegs.jpg

112 pounds here doing only heavy lifting and HIIT training and eating a TON more not to mention 5 years older (disregard stupid face as I was drunk on a cruise and my hubby thought it funny to take drunk pics of me):

legs.jpg

Hot mama!

I agree the key is fat loss not just weight. Lifting heavy and HIIT are great. My legs have lost nearly all of its cellulite I did have.