Balance

Jessicaruby
Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
just wondering how everyone balances eating healthy, losing/maintaing weight with still going out with friends and family. be it cook outs, bday dinners, anniversary, cocktails or a night on the town. right now i am cutting and training for a figure comp (still a year away) but i eat very clean and strictly moniter my macros. Alot of times i feel like its just not worth the calories, sodium, ect but other times i would like to go but say no either because 1. i feel like i will derail all my hard work 2. I will just be setting myself back 3. ill have to explain why i am being so picky with what i eat and here the "oh its only one day" "you will be fine" comments. or 4. i KNOW i will feel guilty afterwards.

I know this is a lifestyle change and we have to give and take but since bulking i have had a hard time cutting back down and feel like any mishapes will only slow down my goals...........

Replies

• narick
    narick Posts: 23
    This is a lifestyle yes. But we chose this, and it doesn't have to overcome you. You still have a year until your competition so don't worry too much about eating out as long as you can ball park your calories.
    You used the term "clean eating". There is absolutely no such thing. There is nutrient rich eating, and nutrient deficient eating. there is no difference in a burger from burger king and a chicken breast with some natural peanut butter on the side if they are the same macro totals when it comes to body composition. No need to feel bad or guilty if you have a burger and it fits into your macronutrient totals.
    My advice is live your life. I am 8 weeks out from a show so I have dialed it in. But I am still eating whatever I like, and still having a blast with my friends. This is a lifestyle, but it doesn't need to take away from your life. Have fun, track your macros and don't think twice. Good luck with balancing life. It does take a while to get used to, but once you do get used to it it saves your life.
  • Jessicaruby
    thanks for the insight :smile:
  • Jessicaruby
    noone else?!?