what do you do?....

what do you do, when the restuant you visted does not provide any information regarding clairoes consumed and it's not on the list of foods provided by others.

i'm trying to keep acurate records but this has flumexed me and would be a regualar occuranence once a mount, due to a group of freinds i meet then.

apoligies if any errors, as have ahd some drinks as well, and have been mourning the klosss of sevral freinds.

i am trying no eto devaule the infromation i put into thje system to track my food, but am at a loss to say what nutritional information it contians.

Replies

• yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    When I can't check a nutritional info label, I try to estimate best I can find here on MFP.
    If nothing there seems to work out, I will search the internet for similair menu items/ingredients
    and at least estimate the calories and add them to my diary as "quick calories".

Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure they would be proud of you for trying to get healthy!
  • fancycupcake
    fancycupcake Posts: 78 Member
    Some restaurants may not post their nutrition information publicly but will have a chart in the back that, if you request, they must show you. Not sure if this is true for locally owned restaurants but then again they know the food better and might be able to give you a pretty good guess. Other than that I just break down the food and search for each ingredients in MFP to put the meal together that way...not totally accurate and it takes a bit longer, but better than not logging at all :]
  • thank you all fopr responding, am trying to keep this as accurate as possiable, so i don't cheat myself, guess i will have to look thi sone up indivually to get the info i need
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Just find the closest thing or if you know a restaurant that is in the tracker that has a similar item use that. Sometimes I just piece it together by ingredients if I can identify them.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Don't get too stressed about it, the restaurants where I live don't provide info and I eat out pretty regularly.
    I just try to order items where I can see what I'm eating (like grilled steak or fish with sauce on the side and salad or veggies separately. This makes it easier to estimate the calories you are eating - compared to a pasta dish or pie where you can't see the individual ingredients.
    There are entries for almost everything in the database, look for something that is close enough and accept that you can't be aboslutely accurate for this meal. In fact, everything you enter is an estimate (food and exercise), I tend to think they balance out OK in the end.