First time in Ten Years - Amazing - I'm under 200!!!

Options
I'm amazed...I feel so much better than April 2009 when I weighed 223. June 2nd I joined MFP at 214. And today I weighed in at 199.6. Okay, so I had to take off my wedding ring,earrings and necklace to do it...but 199.6 is just that - under 200! :blushing:

I'm so grateful to "Fit By Fall" started by "mrsprazak05" and "Low Carb-ers Chanllenge to Choose Change" started by "SassySouthernGirl". These two ladies and their group members have inspired and encouraged me to reach a goal I sometimes never even considered starting because I didn't think I'd ever be successful...so I was a quitter before I even started! :angry:

Now I get it, just one day at a time - one calorie at a time, one minute of exercise at a time. It's so much easier when it's small steps. I'm on my way! :happy:

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Great job - congratulations. :smile:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,924 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations! I love your attitude! It's contagious!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed...I feel so much better than April 2009 when I weighed 223. June 2nd I joined MFP at 214. And today I weighed in at 199.6. Okay, so I had to take off my wedding ring,earrings and necklace to do it...but 199.6 is just that - under 200! :blushing:

I'm so grateful to "Fit By Fall" started by "mrsprazak05" and "Low Carb-ers Chanllenge to Choose Change" started by "SassySouthernGirl". These two ladies and their group members have inspired and encouraged me to reach a goal I sometimes never even considered starting because I didn't think I'd ever be successful...so I was a quitter before I even started! :angry:

Now I get it, just one day at a time - one calorie at a time, one minute of exercise at a time. It's so much easier when it's small steps. I'm on my way! :happy:

That's fantastic! Congratulations, it's a great feeling, isn't it?! Keep up the great job you're doing! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Way to go, JKLM-- I am right behind you. It has been twelve years since I saw the south side of 200, and I hope to be there by Labor Day.
  • ilmommkc
    ilmommkc Posts: 73
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! Making and attaining those small goals makes it all feel worth it!
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    Woot Woot! :drinker:
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    That is great news JKLM!!! Congratulations!!! I am right behind you.... It's been 10 years since I've been under 200. I have one more pound to go!!!

228075.png

Keep up the great work!! (and we know it is HARD WORK!!!)
    I :heart: MFP!!!!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep up the great work!! :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Way to go - I remember how great it felt!
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    COngrats I know that was hard work but I have no doubt you will agree its worth it!
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    Congrats!
  • stacesand
    stacesand Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait to be there!
  • lenalean
    lenalean Posts: 7
    Options
    Congratulations! My stats are very similiar to yours. I started in April also at 223, I just joined MFP and weighed in last week at 205.5. I cannot wait to get below that 200lb marker! Keep up the good work:happy:
  • SteffCooley
    SteffCooley Posts: 111
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is fantastic!! Doesn't it feel amazing when you no longer see that "2" on the scale?! Pat on the back for you! Great job!!!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! You GO Girl!! :love: :flowerforyou:

Just getting started is sometimes the hardest part. :grumble: :noway: :laugh:
    When you start seeing & feeling results, you want to just keep on trucking baby!
  • meikathadiva
    Options
    Keep up the good work girl, and there is nothing wrong with taking off your jewelry when weighing in, that stuff can add pounds. :happy:
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you for ALL of your wonderful comments! :flowerforyou:
    I'm going to print this page and put it on my fridge for those hard days when I will need a push to make the right choice!

MFP people are the best...because they get it!!! We are always there for each other. Wishing you every success on your journey to good health, too. Thank you!

Weaklink109, Goldk, Cynder, Stacesand, Lenalean – I’m cheering for YOU to get rid of that 2, too!!!

Barbarella - I’m going to follow your advice...and “keep on trucking baby!”

Meikathadiva – thanks for understanding about the jewelry…it’s a girl thing, huh? :laugh:
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    CONGRATS!
    I just experienced this feeling awhile ago.
    It's awesome, isn't it?

Good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    I forgot to thank the members of "JUNE STARTERS" started by kandyjo! :flowerforyou:

"FIT BY FALL" led by "mrsprazak05" and "LOW CARB-ERS CHALLENGE TO CHOOSE CHANGE" started by "SassySouthernGirl" and "JUNE STARTERS" begun by "kandyjo" ALL have WONDERFUL MEMBERS giving information & support to help keep us pushing & pulling each other to meet our goal weight!

Thanks for helping me get under 200 for the first time in TEN years!!! :happy:
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Good job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!