Sweet potato puree???

Options
Channing
Channing Posts: 617 Member
I was strolling the aisles of Trader Joe's the other day (one of my favorite things to do :smile: ) and came across some organic sweet potato puree.

Now, I'm not a cook in any way, but I decided to get it, in a moment of lofty ambition, and now it's just sitting lonely in my cupboard. :cry:

I suppose my question is, can I just heat it up, put some splenda and cinnamon on it and call it a side like a regular sweet potato?

Any other suggestions? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
    3 pounds whole sweet potatoes, pricked with a fork
    1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
    1/2 cup buttermilk
    1/2 cup whole milk
    6 tablespoons butter
    Add to Recipe Box
    My folders:

Add to Shopping List
    Customize Recipe
    Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS
    Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position; heat to 425 degrees. Place potatoes on a foil-lined pan; bake 45 to 60 minutes, until tender. Peel when cool enough to handle.
    Puree with salt and pepper in a food processor. With motor running, gradually add milks through feeder tube, then butter. Process until silken. (Can make up to 2 days ahead; store in an airtight container.) Reheat and serve.

This is the recipe I use to make my own and serve it as a side dish, I'm weird I like it on baked turkey breast, mmmmmmmmmm just like thanksgiving!

EDIT: Sorry this was in my recipe box from years back have changed recipe to skim milk and smart start butter.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I was strolling the aisles of Trader Joe's the other day (one of my favorite things to do :smile: ) and came across some organic sweet potato puree.

Now, I'm not a cook in any way, but I decided to get it, in a moment of lofty ambition, and now it's just sitting lonely in my cupboard. :cry:

I suppose my question is, can I just heat it up, put some splenda and cinnamon on it and call it a side like a regular sweet potato?

Any other suggestions? :flowerforyou:

I would add a little butter, 1 egg, stevia and cinnamon to it and heat it like a soup. Yummy.