Heart Rate Monitor Issues

Options
baxgilter
baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
So, I had an Sportline SX Heart Rate watch with chest strap, for Xmas I received a Sportline Duo 1010w, which is women's specific. The second model gives me almost double the calories burned even with both set with the same settings. Thoughts? Which one should I use? I dont want to eat too little, and I don't want to eat too much, It seems to me the gap is so big that this is possible.

Replies

• baxgilter
    Options
    No thoughts, I find that hard to believe
  • z0uky
    z0uky Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't know these models, but you can just compare the results with what the what you shoud be loosing theoricaly.
    example, when I do 1 hour of vigourous bicycling my polar wach tells me i have lost 730 calories and my Ipad application tells me it should be 750!so I concider my wach is pretty accurate
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    bit thrown by the profile pic - im guessing you are a woman??? i would check all the settings again, change the batteries, check your heart rate through out the workout. you can google many site that will help you check your burn if you know your heart rate during exercise, weight, height and so on... what ever you do, dont splash out on a polar, no after sale support, and the chest straps always break!! ive never used your brand, maybe its worth checking with their support team?? good luck, hope you get some more replys!!
  • baxgilter
    Options
    Yes I am a woman, haha. Ive changed all the batteries. The funny thing is they both read about the same heart rates, but give out different calorie burns. Im hoping the women's specific model is more accurate because it will allow me to eat more haha. I have a contact into the company. Keep the ideas coming. Id love someone who has experience with sportline to chime in.