Fruit makes me hungrier!

Options
I wanted a low calorie snack to eat for my last thing of the day ( cutting it close to my limit for the day as well), so i chose an apple, but now i'm hungry. D: What should I do? if i eat again i'll go over my limit..

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Try to drink some water or find something that takes your mind off of food. You can exercise and then eat also if you really want something to eat.
  • kaidan
    kaidan Posts: 4
    Options
    I learned some things yesterday from the nutritionist I met with. She follows the My Plate guidelines (www.myplate.gov) and recommends only 2 servings of fruit a day. She made a list of high sugar fruits and low sugar fruits and said to only have one serving from each group. The higher sugar fruits are bananas, apples, oranges, etc. The lower sugar fruits are berries, melons and nectarines. She said the sugar in the fruit will still cause a reaction in your body like any other sugars even though it is a healthy sugar. Probably why is causes you to be more hungry. Apples do that to me all the time so I tend to eat them with a meal rather than alone as a snack.
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    I learned some things yesterday from the nutritionist I met with. She follows the My Plate guidelines (www.myplate.gov) and recommends only 2 servings of fruit a day. She made a list of high sugar fruits and low sugar fruits and said to only have one serving from each group. The higher sugar fruits are bananas, apples, oranges, etc. The lower sugar fruits are berries, melons and nectarines. She said the sugar in the fruit will still cause a reaction in your body like any other sugars even though it is a healthy sugar. Probably why is causes you to be more hungry. Apples do that to me all the time so I tend to eat them with a meal rather than alone as a snack.

ooh i see :) thanks!