Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I need help hitting my calories...

Anyone else out there having trouble getting their recommended amount of calories in? I don't want to eat a bunch of bad for me foods just to get enough calories. Any suggestions?

Replies

• mmbleb
    mmbleb Posts: 14
    I need the same help. Its 9pm and I've only had 800 calories today :(
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Fruits and veggies would probably help you hit the mark. Putting together a salad can add up your calories. Fruit is a great snack and it has a nice calorie punch to it. Nuts also something to add to help with hitting calorie goals. Good luck.
  • dalexander82
    dalexander82 Posts: 111 Member
    You can try yogurt or a fruit smoothie...
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    nuts and nut butters... calorie dense foods that also happen to taste awesome
  • vicki81868
    vicki81868 Posts: 262 Member
    Almonds do the trick pretty quick. Gotta make sure you have enough fat left over for them though.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Greek yogurt and fruit, hummus and veggies, add avacado to a salad or a sandwich, nuts.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    my net today was 303 /:
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Make your protein shakes with Cottage cheese, Two Table Spoons of PB, and Raw Oats...

Cottage cheese - Lowfat, 2% milkfat, 4 oz
    Pat's Skippy - Peanut Butter - Natural Creamy, 2 TBS
    Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned Oatmeal, 40 g
    Hood - Calorie Countdown-2% Chocolate Milk, 8 ounces

That is my protein shake every morning = 522 Cals

I have a fruit one that is 450 Cals

Add a slice of whole grain wheat bread to each meal....That could add some calories...
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Yogurts, fresh fruit and veggies, or even a protein shake or bar.
    I have a recipe for microwaved baked apples. They are pretty good. If you want the recipe, send me a message and I will send it to you.
  • Siobhan69
    Siobhan69 Posts: 10
    Hummus is great with veggie sticks, also nuts and a sneaky little bit of chocolate. 30g of raw almonds with 25g of chocolate is a high calorie snack coming in at 303 but I find at the end of the day it's a good way to get those extra calories in without making yourself feel too full or bloated. It's healthy and gives you a little sweet treat!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Greek yogurt and fruit, hummus and veggies, add avacado to a salad or a sandwich, nuts.

^this

Plus - no low fat/low sugar food, cheese, chocolate milk, peanut butter, add butter/olive oil to food when cooking.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    when i am a lil low i throw some sugar free apple juice in there, mine is 110 calories per glass, it also helps break up the consistency of drinking water all day
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    I'm having that issue too! I am trying to keep my net carbs as close to 50 as I can, so a lot of the high calorie foods are out for me :(

Last night I ate an ounce of brie on 2oz of summer sausage to get a yummy 300 calories in. Tonight I had a chocolate mudslide Atkins advantage bar to add a quick 210 calories with not as many carbs...

I'm seriously considering cutting down my *usual* workouts so I can have higher net calories--I burn about 500 calories in the gym 3x a week, and only netting under 500 calories those days :( thinking I will cut my cardio from 65 minutes to 35 minutes so my workouts only burn about 300 calories...
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Giant plate of buttered noodles. Nom.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    You can check out my diary for ideas. I'm not perfect but I usually get there. I eat 2300+ depending on my workout.
  • ash12783
    ash12783 Posts: 82 Member
    this is a challenge for me as well.... I feel like i've eaten alot today but still have almost a 300 calorie deficit.... and it's not like everything i ate was super healthy or anything... i had some ice cream and full fat salad dressing as well as BBQ sauce- not a lot, but still.... my goal is just over 1300 and i keep missing the mark... i definitely don't want to put my body into starvation mode!
  • SteveO5198
    SteveO5198 Posts: 16
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone!! I will definitely try some of these ideas. :happy: