CLOTHES SIZES ARE USELESS

Options
Alright ladies, let's stop stressing ourselves about our bodies & enough of hating of size 0-2 people. Clothes sizes are useless. You can see it with the way the clothing manufacturers are tricking us with their dress sizes. This has becoming a trend that we even don't have an idea how a true size 8 would look like.

I once tried my mom's old jeans that she wore back in the 70's when I was still a baby, the tag read several sizes bigger than the one I'm wearing right now but it is too snug at my hips. Marilyn Monroe, with her 22" waist was a size 14 & during her time there was no such thing as a size 0. Presently, ladies like her would typically fall under the size 0-2 category but even the likes of Kim Kardashian claims that she can fit into a size 2 clothes or a size 27" jeans despite her obvious larger frame. Granted that she must be one of those who fell victim to vanity sizing but that is how the clothing manufacturers are taking advantage of us since we are so obssessed about getting into a certain dress size.

Ladies whether we're a size 2 or a 16, it really doesn't matter. As Cindy Crawford once said, people can't see your dress size when you're walking in the street. What matters most is how we carry ourselves with that clothes plus self-confidence. While there's nothing wrong with wanting to fit into a smaller clothes size (Who doesn't want to wear a smaller clothes size?) but let us not stress ourselves too much of it. Our old clothes, a tape measure, pictures, mirror are enough tools to see our size progress.

Lastly, we are all sexy & beautiful no matter what our clothes tag says. Whatever size that we want to achieve, as long as it will make us happier, stronger, healthier & more confident then I say go for it!

Replies

• silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Kim K wears hers clothing line & picks the size, lol.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    who needs clothes?
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I don't care about size except how it relates to all the nice clothes I have in storage that are too small.....from size 16 to size 12.

Years ago when I was 140 pounds, I wore a size 14. I can wear a current size 14 at 170 pounds. :S