I WANT CHOCOLATE

Options
Help. I'm seriously craving M&Ms right now. What do you eat instead?

Replies

• goddamnelectric
    Options
    Grab a few, give the rest away.
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Pretzel M&M's have the lowest calories. 150 calories a bag.
    Or I make a frozen yogurt smoothie with Hershey's cocoa.
    Those both work for me when I am having cravings.
  • Dagoth
    Dagoth Posts: 172
    Options
    Dark chocolate! It's not as bad for you caloriewise I believe.
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm no help here.. chocolate is my weakness.. try string cheese?? lol That's another weakness of mine.. I've eaten soo much chocolate here lately.. but I'm pregnant and can't really focus on losing weight til babys born so I'm just eating what I want right now.. but I'm keeping active too. :) Maybe give yourself a small bag.. it won't ruin your hard work. I mean it's not like it would put a pound on you. Eat them then do some freestyle dancing and you'll have them burned in no time. :)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Eat some chocolate. Just don't keep eating it. It's not about deprivation; it's a lifestyle.

Two other recommendations...
    1) Some people think that chocolate cravings can also indicate dehydration, so drink.
    2) Eat chocolate that's not as high in sugar and fat -- good dark chocolate, unsweetened cocoa (for instance, add some unsweetened cocoa to something you'd already eat or drink like milk or peanut butter).
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Peanut M&Ms have some nutritional value.. lol peanuts are good for you :p
  • H2gmom
    H2gmom Posts: 6
    Options
    I agree, eat just a few.
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Then eat chocolate! I like the dark Hershey Kisses. You get 9 in a serving. Sometimes 2-3 will squash a craving.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    When I want chocolate, I eat chocolate.

Some "better for you" choices that I fall back on include:
    Skinny Cow Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches - 150 cal with no nutritional value but sooo good
    Blue Diamond Dark Chocolate Flavored Almonds - High in calories and fat, but also good source of protein and makes me feel full, and also soooooo good!
    50-100 cal of an expensive dark chocolate - Antioxidants and a treat

Honestly I would rather have any of those three then "cheap" milk chocolates like Hershey's or M&Ms for the same amount of calories
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Eat the M&Ms. I find that I eat more of the something else I find if I substitute for my cravings. So I would eat the M&Ms.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate on a daily basis. I put baking cocoa and peanut butter in my oatmeal in the morning. It's like a big, goopy, no-bake cookie. Probably doesn't help you now, but you could try that some time and see if it kills the cravings. The special dark is pretty awesome. It's only 10 calories and it adds a little extra fiber.
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Brownies! They are SO delicious and moist. Better than a regular sugar and flour filled one! The portion is satisfying size! My husband even loves them so, we don't eat any other kind.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Eat the M&Ms. I find that I eat more of the something else I find if I substitute for my cravings. So I would eat the M&Ms.

I like the way you think.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Black Bean Brownies! They are SO delicious and moist. Better than a regular sugar and flour filled one! The portion is satisfying size! My husband even loves them so, we don't eat any other kind.

How do you make black bean brownies?