My Food Sin

Options
Don't judge me! LOL

I have refrained from fried foods, overindulging in sweets, and completely ousted soda, but I cannot, shall not, just plain ol WON'T give up the Snyder's Buffalo Hot Wing Pretzels. I have love for the Greek Yogurt, Luna Bars, Laughing Cow Cream Cheese, and even Oatmeal, but none can replace my BHW Pretzels.

I do not eat them ALL the time, but every now & then. I use to eat the entire bag in one sitting, but since I began MFP, I have learned to portion. I will only eat one serving on the days I choose to eat them.

They have even made a .99 cents bag (2 servings) which I claim was just for me. I workout 2-3 times a day, 6 days a week. I am BEYOND deserving of them. That's my sin during my weightloss journey. I never claimed to be perfect ;0)

What is the ONE food item that you have found you ABSOLUTELY cannot live without during your journey to a better you?

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Chocolate- the one thing I can't seem to do without.
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    You workout 2-3 times a day? 6 days a week?
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

I know I read that and was like, daaaang,

I think my food "sin" was sweets, but i don't crave them so much anymore
  • TwtyMami35
    TwtyMami35 Posts: 99
    Options

LOL!!! Yes. You can ask my MFP Friends. I make it rain sweat. I am addicted to Spin. I began strength training about 4 weeks ago and do that 3-4 times a week. Once in awhile I will dabble in Zumba. I also participate in many walks with friends from work. Just started working with a personal trainer to help me lose the last 25 lbs. She has me run/walking 3.4 miles each time we are together. (3 times a week).
  • luv2run
    luv2run Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate almost daily, but my big sin is Cool whip free I love that stuff and it has horrible ingredients!!
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    I have a more savoury tooth than a sweet one so id have to day potato crisps
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sweets. I have a horrible monster of a sweet tooth. Thank God for the 90 calorie Fiber One brownies. They are my saving grace!
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have a love for pizza, so I dabbled in the pizza aisle for ideas on how to make a 'healthier' pizza. now I use fresh herbs with a small amount of marinara sauce and lowfat cheese on a 100% whole wheat thin crust. its delicious, i added it up and counted the whole pizza as 8servings, with each serving being around 150calories.

Its delicious, keeps me on track when I have a 'naughty food' urge, and keeps me feeling good =)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything. And I believe it's very unhealthy to consider any kind of food a "sin".
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I will not give up pizza
    or cupcakes.
    or baked ziti.
    Omg, I love baked ziti and I will eat those 1000+ calories in bliss! :)
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I don't go without anything that I enjoy. I just budget into my calories or have it on my cheat/rest day. That's what makes this lifestyle change really sustainable for me.
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Chips. I could easily eat an entire bag of Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles and chase it with a can of Pizzalicious Pringles in one sitting.

Now I try to go with slightly lower calorie options like Pop Chips, and I never buy the big bags anymore so I can't have more than 1-2 servings.
  • TwtyMami35
    Options
    I have a love for pizza, so I dabbled in the pizza aisle for ideas on how to make a 'healthier' pizza. now I use fresh herbs with a small amount of marinara sauce and lowfat cheese on a 100% whole wheat thin crust. its delicious, i added it up and counted the whole pizza as 8servings, with each serving being around 150calories.

Its delicious, keeps me on track when I have a 'naughty food' urge, and keeps me feeling good =)

Mmmmm! You made me hungry! LOL
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Every now and then (especially now in the Summer) I get a chocolate milkshake. Nothing fancy, no whipped cream and junk on top. Just the shake. I deserve it, and I refuse to give it up! All in moderation!
  • TwtyMami35
    Options
    I don't go without anything that I enjoy. I just budget into my calories or have it on my cheat/rest day. That's what makes this lifestyle change really sustainable for me.

Right on! we eat what we like!! LOL..
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    CHOCOLATE!! :) right now it's chocolate covered coconut :) but I only have a small amount each day (half a portion).
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    No Sin as I see it. I eat what I like, just plan for it (easy to do since I'm eating OVER 2000 cals a day).
    Diet just means the food you consume, so don't let others tell you what to eat if you enjoy it.
    The only way we can loose weight for the long term is to incorporate the foods we love and enjoy!

Good luck with your endeavors!
  • brandyanne0204
    brandyanne0204 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My food sin is a drink in which I can not seem to resist which is the Starbucks Frappuccino. Every time I go to Walmart I have to get me a 4 pack and I like to drink them when they are ice cold.
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Barbeque... I've been an amateur smoker for years. I've mostly given up Ribs and the fattier cuts. I trim my briskets of most of the fats.. and I aim for the leaner pork, chicken, and turkey cuts for the most part...

..but there's just something I love about that smoky flavor. And, since I make it, it's not completely loaded with all the salt, nitrates and nitrites like a lot of the consumer and restaurant grade stuff.

All things in moderation..
    150930 Posts: 19
    Options
    pizza. but only when domino's has a great carryout special.