Hungry after workout??

Hi...just wanting to know if Im crazy or if other people also experience hunger after an intense workout? I am finding that after my 45 min workout on the elliptical I am starving. Is it all in my head or is it real and if it is real what would be a good choice to eat?

Replies

• maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    i just burned over 1000 calories riding my bike.. i wasnt going to eat anything.. but then i made a fruit smoothie with protein powder.. drank all of that still hungry.. i ate hummus (4 tbls =100 calories) and honey wheat pretzels (15 = 160 calories)
    feeling a little better.. good luck..
  • glitteryaurora
    glitteryaurora Posts: 8 Member
    I have to eat after I workout. I find out if I don't, I tend to not lose as much. Some people's bodies need to be replenished more than others after a workout. I find that a fruit with a high water content like watermelon, apples, or peaches, helps to rehydrate and replenish my sugars. If I'm really starving I'll combine with a high protein low cal snack like yogurt or granola.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    The elliptical makes me so hungry! It caused me to gain weight. I was going by what the machine said I burned and eating back all those calories since I was so hungry. However, I only really was burning not even half of that I found out once I got my HRM.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    i eat a protein bar on the way to my car after i work-out. i'm STARVING.