Question for those with high blood pressure

Options
2»

Replies

• DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I just took a reading. It was 126/69. That was before taking any meds and running around making breakfast and getting ready for the morning. I have taken my bp monitor in and she's taken my bp with it after using theirs. It's the same. I do get periods of dizziness and I'm tired a lot. I've taken a reading when I feel that way and its always pretty low. I've told her this. I don't know why she's being so stubborn about wanting a good reading at her office before considering even talking about lowering my meds? It's really frustrating and it's no wonder why I get high readings there. I get so anxious because I know she's not going to listen to me about this so my bp goes up. I've tried to talk to her about this twice.

I had the same problem. I changed doctors. My doctor was pissing me off and the anxiety was causing my numbers to be elevated. I don't have the same problem with my new doc.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I was on 2 different meds for BP, Lisinopril and Hydrachlorithiazide. After I lost the first 25 pounds, I asked my doctor to decrease my meds, and she was able to take me off the Lisinopril. Now I'm just taking the HCTZ once a day,m which is minimal. But now I've lost another 25 pounds, I'm thinking I may be able to get off the other med, too. I plan to talk to my doctor at my next physical to see what she thinks.

My doc did tell me that lots of people talk about losing weight, but she's seen very few actually accomplish it for health reasons. Most ppl just keep taking the meds. How sad :(
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    My doc did tell me that lots of people talk about losing weight, but she's seen very few actually accomplish it for health reasons. Most ppl just keep taking the meds. How sad :(

This is so true. So much talk and very little action. I said the same thing in early Feb 2012 when I met my new doc, and she probably didn't believe me at the time but she didn't discourage me. Now she can see I'm serious.
  • azxswed
    azxswed Posts: 6
    Options
    What kind of diet did you start? Was it just watching your sodium intake? :glasses: