Puppy Training Issues.. HELP?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    We are having issues with training our beagle puppy too. She just doesn't even seem to care and will just pee right in front of us, though never on us.

A few things: I know you mentioned that you should be giving so many treats which is true, but they make specific lower calorie training treats, and we even split those up in to smaller pieces. Another thing my vet told us was that you should never give them a treat when they come back in the house after going potty outside. Then they think they are getting a treat for coming back inside the house, not for going potty outside. Keeping them in a crate or a smaller confined area is best because they will not soil where they sleep so it allows them to practice holding it in so you may want to go back to that.

Sounds like you're doing everything right with trying to take them out every so often, the most important thing is consistency. Make sure everyone in your household is doing the same thing with the dog, such as repeating the words "go potty" and giving a treat when they go outside.

I know there are male dogs that have a habit of "marking their territory" so that may be the issue especially with it peeing on you. I would definitely talk to a vet or if you have a Petco maybe trying to speak with a trainer. Some professional resources would be best because they have to have encountered something like that and can definitely help you with exactly what needs to be done.

Good luck! I know that it can be incredibly frustrating!