tall ladies what is your calorie intake?

Options
I would like to lose 2 pounds per week I am 5'8.5" but MFP suggest 1200 calories and well that is just too little for me. I have uped it to 1700-1800 but not really losing weight a few inches here and there. What are most of you tall ladies eating and how much are you losing a week? Also are you eating back your calories?

Replies

• MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    Well, i am tall (6'1) but I am also pretty active... I run 3-4x week, kickbox, and lift 1-2x week. My daily caloric is approx 1900 cals, and yes I do sometimes eat back my exercise cals, not usually all but some.

It has more to do with your activity level than your height, but I thin 1200 cals sounds low....
  • michellesisreed
    michellesisreed Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well, i am tall (6'1) but I am also pretty active... I run 3-4x week, kickbox, and lift 1-2x week. My daily caloric is approx 1900 cals, and yes I do sometimes eat back my exercise cals, not usually all but some.

It has more to do with your activity level than your height, but I thin 1200 cals sounds low....

are you losing alot of weight a week with 1900 calories. I workout 5 days a week I lift weights and do HIIT training and am getting frustrated.
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    I've lost more inches than pounds, and toned and tightened well! but... I think more would have come off by now if summer hadn't crept up and bit me early (beer and bbq, god help me)! I thinkthat for your level of activity 1200 is too low! Especially if you are doing HIIT... do you have energy?
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i aim for between 1200 and 1500. sometimes i eat back my calories, sometimes i don't. i'm not in a rush to lose the rest of my weight, so i'm taking my time.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and eat between 1500-1900, depending on exercise. I have been losing 1.5 pounds a week on average.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    If you're losing inches, weight doesn't matter at all. I'm 5'7" and extremely active, so I consume about 1800-1900 calories. Don't get caught up in the scale when you are seeing success elsewhere!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and I've been calorie cycling, 1280, 1560, 1280, 1750, etc. It's been working pretty well, and I just do my daily sahm activities and some light exercise. It keeps my metabolism going.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    1400, and I eat back my exercise calories.

So on workout days, usually 2000.

Edited for stats: 5'3" and 119lb.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and currently weigh 237.4 pounds. I eat anywhere from 1700-2300 depending on my burn for the day. I have a body media fit and burn an average of 3000 calories per day including exercise. I try to keep my deficit between 700-1000 calories. I have lost 15.8 pounds in the 9 weeks that I have had the Body Media so I would say that it's working.
  • razzmahtazz
    razzmahtazz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    A dietician once told me that she encourages most of her clients to eat a minimum of 1500 calories a day. She said 1200 is not enough and your body is more receptive to weight loss if you do at least 1500 calories----healthy calories of course!
  • Inconceivable
    Options
    I'm in a complete diff height range. but... I'm 4'11 and my 'daily goal' is still set at 1200, but my net tends to be 1000 or lower, because of the walking I do, and because I don't eat much (I'm not really that hungry lately)
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and MFP has me set to 1540 cals/day. This was just decreased from 1600 a few weeks ago - and I'm not liking it! Lately I've been super emotional and physically spent- and I seriously think that extra 60 cals was to my benefit. At 1600 I was losing 1-3 pounds per week- it was dropping off. Now that I'm typing it out instead of pondering it, I think I'm going to change back my goals! (aka- going to eat something!)
  • Droope2
    Droope2 Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my nutritionist has me at 1700 a day, I usually end up around more like 1500, I do not eat back the calories I burn, I have lost anywhere from .5lbs to 2.5lbs per week, normally though it's 1.5, I think it's pretty a pretty decent rate :)
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    6' and 234 lbs. Moderately to very active... I eat anywhere from 1900 to 2300 calories depending on the day. I set a weekly goal to meet instead. I've been losing a lb or so a week steadily, but have definitely lost more inches. I only measure inches/weigh once a month or so though.
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    5'10" and I eat somewhere between 1500 to 1900 a day. MFP has put me at 1700. I lose at least a pound a week sometimes 2-3 :) I eat back some of my exercise calories. I exercise 6 times a week.

Hope you find your happy medium :)
  • Storey621
    Storey621 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 9in and my fitness pal suggests 1600 calories for me which is perfect! I work out at least 5 times a week wether it's running, doing cardio classes at the gym, or lifting. After I eat back some of my calories, I usually average between 1700 and 1800 calories. Hope this helps!
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and i usually do 1500-1900 per day, depending on my workout. I do weights and cardio 3-4 days a week and yoga on a couple of the other days. I'm losing about 1 pound a week which is just how I want to do it.
  • viasophia13
    viasophia13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hmm...I'm 5'11'', and usually eat around 1400 calories a day...my figure skating season has just wrapped for a few weeks, and tennis starts in a few weeks, so im not that active...usually do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred every other day, depending on homework...so id say whatever makes you feel good! eat when youre hungry, and dont eat in front of the TV (even though i am so guilty of that one!!) :wink: