Replies

• Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Cellulite is why I don't wear shorts at the gym. Meh

I've started body brushing in a bid to help it on the back of my thighs
  • SailorStarMaker
    Options
    I've been eating lemon peel/rind for mine. It's known to disperse cellulite and I can tell you IT WORKS!!

Just, like, plain? Or do you put it on something?
  • kimgettinfit
    kimgettinfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    <----is lucky, i dont have any.....(ducks and runs)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

I was told it all has to do with your body fat percentage, the higher you BF% the more celullite you wil have... It makes sense to me at anyrate.

I think the only time all my cellulite disappeared was when I was 18 or 19, decided to see if I could do without meat and sugar and most fats. I managed to do it for two years and I went down to 88 pounds. People weren't estimating their body fat % then.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I never had much cellulite until recently (and I was about 15 lbs heavier than I had ever been), I am convinced my thighs will be big one way or another: muscle, or fat (and cellulite), as soon as I started seeing muscle on my thighs, the cellulite diminished dramatically (still there, but a big improvement with just the little bit of weight loss I've had), so, I think the more muscular your legs are, the less you will see the cellulite. In the past, even though I was sometimes slightly overweight, I always worked jobs that involved a lot of walking/speed walking (waiting tables, camp counselor, etc.) and always had muscular legs and now I'm pretty sure that is why cellulite wasn't much of an issue in the past.
  • shamitz
    shamitz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in my mid 40's and haven't worn anything above the knee for the last 10 years due to the dreaded cellulite. I have not long ago started weightlifting and now I have hope that there is a chance of getting rid of it. I dream of wearing shorts or a little dress this summer. Thanks for the inspiration girls x
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I think genetics has something to do with it. I have never had it no matter what I weighed.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I've always had it, think it's genetics, now I'm starting to lift, and lower BF% might help.
  • ang_rui
    ang_rui Posts: 1
    Options
    I had cellulite since i was 16.Only until recently then i decided to do sth to it! hope it is not too late!!
  • Tykaffka
    Options
    Protein diets promise that your cellulite will reduce noticebly. But I'm not sure protein only diets are healthy.
  • takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just posted the following on another message board -

In addition to the dry skin brushing you might also try a homemade coffee body scrub (coffee, sugar, oil of choice, cocoa powder and cinnamon). The full recipe and a photo is on my Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/TeamDontMessWithTheMommaPage

If you want to learn more about dry skin brushing checkout my blog - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/takerbrat/view/two-detox-therapies-that-anyone-can-do-at-home-564953
  • phizzylizzy
    phizzylizzy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I haven't struggled too much with cellulite but I've seen a definite improvement in my leg tone regardless of the lighting since I started lifting weights. I think its the reduction of body fat rather than just body weight that has helped. I posted some pictures here.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1070813-stage-4-results-with-pics
  • avieau1215
    avieau1215 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I dont know...when i was thinner (about 160) i had horrible cellulite in my butt and thighs. Mind you, I did 4 years of swimming in highschool and played soccer before that. Off season i was always at the gym and actually walked there, and I still had my dimpaly friends. On the side of my lower side of my hip/ butt area i had a huge indent. Now, ive had two kids and have gained a lot of weight and have more cellulite in the front of my legs. But the indent like filled out...lol so weird. Also, some days it looks worse than others, and after i work out its horrible. I think cellulite has something to do with water retention, which water helps reduce swelling...weird, i know. But im hoping and thinking it should go down after toning.
  • Sssolis80
    Sssolis80 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi ladies my name is stephanie and I have four boys :) yes my life is a war zone. I have cellulite it sux! But get this I have been ignoring it for years thinking I can never make this go away. I recently got tired of looking and feeling like this so I took up working out, especially for lower thighs. I ytube exercises that can help:) guess what ladies her name is pavalan lean body is her work out videos there's about 28 of them. I'm on 2 weeks of doing these work outs and drinking lots of water eating more veggies with baked chicken: just straight up eating right with no bull****! I & my husband have noticed extreme results and that whole coffee rubbing works wounders on my thighs. Tips: Walmart sales these sweat bands you put on your waist and thighs the brand is golds gym also I have ankle weights to really feel the burn while doing those certain exercises. Listen I'm not gonna say its easy but I will say if you put your heart into it and stick to the routine you will see results & sweating is going to be your best friend! Good luck & be ready to say good bye to cellulite I know I am.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    It's genetic. Cellulite is just connective tissue within and under adipose tissue. It can be reduced aqnd sometimes eliminated, with the reduction of body fat. I had really gross cellulite on my butt and backs of my thighs, but since lowering my body fat percentage, it is completely gone.

Lift heavy weights to increase muscle mass and reduce body fat, and it will get better.
  • schezie
    schezie Posts: 1
    Options
    You are so right!!! The only way I started to see my cellulite disappear was when I went hard with the weights. I was surprised to look at my progress pics. There is a dent on my butt that is almost gone. I am driving it hard with the floor work out on my butt and also the heavy lifting, squats, deadlifts, lunges, leg press and hamstring curls. If you want it bad enough you will burn that fat out in the gym.
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Bump! Bump! Bump! My cellulite and I do not get along!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!