My eyes must be deceiving me.

Options
quie618
quie618 Posts: 102 Member
Just took some before pictures - not ready to share - but damn. When I look at myself in the mirror, I think I look okay. I know I'm overweight for my height and have pounds to lose, but heck I think I look pretty sexy naked! When I looked at the pictures, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Are my eyes deceiving me that much? :frown: I am not pleased with what I'm seeing in the photos.

I'm looking forward to taking some after pictures when I complete Ripped in 30. 2 days down, 28 more to go!

Replies

• vaneguz87
    vaneguz87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I know. It happens to me too! I just took some "before" pictures, and when I saw them I wasn't feeling too good. But I have to move on, those are just the "before" We have a similar goal (50 lbs), and I'm pretty sure that the following ones we are going to feel proud of our progress and our own body. :wink:
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I don't take pictures, not ever. I am OK with the mirror, but pics, not so much!
  • ijiiii
    ijiiii Posts: 61
    Options
    Same days I'll look and think "Heh, got some toning going on." Other days I'll look and think "Why do I have to look so scrawny??".

I guess it depends on my mood.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the photos so much because that's not how people in real life see you. Photography is all about angles, the angle is slightly off and yeah you look 10 pounds heavier. This is also why some models look quite ugly in real life, but gorgeous in photos. They just know how to work their angles.

Good for you on starting the program and I'm sure in 28 days you'll be happier with the photos. In the mean time get your Tyra Banks on and practice your angles ;)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Let those photos be your motivation-they sure were for me! (and do learn to work the angles!)