Lost 12 LBS 1st Week

Options
I was floored when I checked in at the weight loss clinic today when the nurse told me i had dropped 12 pounds ; I knew it was working but never imagined that it would be so motivating to have this site and the tools it offers to help you lose the weight you want to . A word of encouragement to others wishing to get control of their lives weightwise "A small amount of effort pays off when it comes to exercise and watching what you eat.:bigsmile:

Replies

• jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    good for you girl!!!! AMen to your words! what have you been doing for excersise??:smile: keep it going!!!

jenny
  • GreggChr
    GreggChr Posts: 6
    Options
    Congratulations!!

Good for you to make the decision and dedication to lose the weight.

I don't want to be negative, but be careful not to lose the weight to fast. There are numerous studies that show that if you lose the weight to fast, it is much easier to gain it back. I am fighting with this now. Started riding my bike a great deal and watching what I eat since July 1. I got on the scale and found that I lost 15 pounds! This week I am trying to just maintain before I continue. I want to make sure that I can keep it off. keep up the good work!

Best of luck,

Gregg
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is awesome.
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Good job, keep it up :-)
  • jnstriker
    jnstriker Posts: 5
    Options
    Lots of fast paced walking is it. Very low calorie intake.
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    Wow, that's awsome! Keep up the hard work but remember to not get discouraged if it starts coming off slower. I don't want to ruin your moment but some people say the first 10 pounds can come off quit easy!!! But that is really cool...I wish I were losing that EVERY week :happy: How many calories do you eat a day and how much time do you spend walking?
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Big first week losses are great motivations. I remember losing 9 my first week and wanting to faint and jump for joy at the same time! Just remember that you won't lose this much every week (and it wouldn't be healthy to!) Depending on how much you have to lose, you can and should lose between 1-4 pounds a week (4 if you have a LOT to lose like myself).

Great work your first week! Keep it up! :flowerforyou: :happy: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!