Gluten Free Sweets

Options
Does anyone know of some low-cal and low-fat gluten free sweets? Being gluten free is really limited when it comes to sweets and i have a huge sweet tooth! I got to get away from all that processed junk!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I've posted links to this dessert pretty often - but it really is yummy.!
    You should find some other great ideas on this recipe site too - but be aware that there are two chefs - the "Good Chef - Janella" makes stuff that is delicous, vegetarian and very unprocessed, the "Bad Chef - Adrian" makes stuff with lots of meat, fat and other yummy stuff.

http://www.goodchefbadchef.com.au/recipes/47
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Not low cal or low fat, but this is an amazing treat:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/753

Mostly, I just eat dark chocolate if I want a small bite of sweet.
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I like Weight Watchers frozen toffee bars, glutino sandwich cookies, Newman's Own gluten free fig bars and many chocolate bars are gluten free. Oh, sugar free jello and whipped cream is also great. And chocolate milk. I've also purchased gluten free brownie mix which was pretty good as well.
  • getthin4life
    Options
    Flourless chocolate cookies with pecans you can fiind a recipe on the web. Freeze them and take out as needed. There is also gelatin and pudding at BJ 's wholesale club. There there is always welchs fruities. Be careful with the sweets as when we celiac lack carbs we crave sugar. you are welcome to add me as a friend
  • ajhr
    ajhr Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate (70% or higher) will satisfy a chocolate craving, as will a mug of cocoa - not hot chocolate, but actual cocoa. I make mine with two teaspoons of cocoa powder and boiling water, then add a dollop of cream and a little maple syrup if I want a sweeter cup. You might prefer it with more milk, but experiment and find out!

A couple of fresh dates hit the sweet button nicely for me.

Try sweet ginger/glace ginger. It's spicy and sweet so it's hard to eat a whole lot of it, but it makes me feel like I've had a treat. You should be able to find it with dried fruit for baking.

If you're seeking something like icecream, try stirring some frozen berries into Greek yogurt. The yogurt will coat the berries and freeze. Yum!