Day after P90X ab ripper... I feel NO soreness! WTF?!?!?!

Options
I am a mom of 4, and I feel like I'm a fatty. lol
I am ALWAYS looking for ab exercises that make me sore. I do P90X ab ripper, and granted... I can only do about 9-10 min of the 15 min video, But during the video... I am dying!!!
The problem is... the next day I FEEL NOTHING!! No soreness. No "feeling like I realllllllllly worked my abs yesterday" No nothing! I thought it was supposed to be ... X like. And the mother of all exercises?!
I'm not knocking P90x.. I LOVE IT! The whole system is amazing. I love everything about it!... I'm just not sure why, ME, The girl with NO abdominal muscles... isn't feeling a single THING the next day?
I do most of the exercises with good form. I may not always do them perfect, but I try my absolute hardest. And, like I said, My abs are screaming the whole time.
I am starting to TRULY believe... I have NO abdominal muscles. Thats why I don't feel it :(

Replies

• Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Have you never ever felt nothing after doing it? I usually only felt sore the first week of a new exercise.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    soreness is not an indicator of anything but soreness.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    DOMS for me don't usually kick in until 20 hours or so after the workout. If I can feel it before that I know it is going to be especially strong.

But I almost never get DOMS from ab exercises, no matter how much I beat my abs up.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Instead of going 9-10 minutes into the video, try starting with 10-15 reps each of all the exercises.....and be sure to finish with the Mason twists. That way you're sure to hit the abs from all angles, and when you can get the rep count for all of them, increase the count by 1 or 2. Those twists at the end really seem to finish me off. Initially, I was only doing the last half of ARX....beginning with Pfifer Scissors. The first half exercises fried my hip flexors so much I wasn't able to work the abs hard enough. Also, are you doing the Yogabelly 7 part of Yoga X? That work sandwiched the day between 2 ARX sessions leaves my abs sore by the Kenpo day.