protein shake question

Options
jess_1993
jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
Im currently trying to loose my last 10 pounds and do jillian michaels workout dvds for about an hour almost daily. As much as I try I can never get enough protein in my system and I feel like im almost stuffing myself by trying to. Do you guys think protein shakes may be a good option for me? If so, which ones do u guys recommend??

Replies

• jess_1993
    Options
    bump! anyone??
  • JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    I love protein shakes. I drink them for breakfast and for recovery after a workout. I recommend Optimum Nutrition's 100% whey and Met-RX Protein Plus. Q
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Yes, if it helps you hit your protein goal, why not? Take whey protein (fast digesting) around your workouts. Casein (slow digesting) the rest of the time. Also, go Huskies.
  • stefanie1990
    stefanie1990 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 protein shakes a day, it is good for getting your protein up. I have impact whey cookies and cream at the moment.
  • jess_1993
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition double chocolate with almond milk - so yumz, and this protein powder is fantastic :flowerforyou:
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    advocare meal replacement shakes
  • kettle_belle83
    kettle_belle83 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Syntha-6 vanilla ice cream flavor made with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Mmm! I drink one after every workout. Sometimes as a meal replacement too.
  • shutterbabe
    shutterbabe Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Absolutely they would! I love protein shakes. I use EAS %100 whey protein in chocolate and usually use a scoop with a cup and a half of almond milk or soy milk. Sometimes I'll add a little container of plain non fat greek yogurt to get some extra protein. I'll either drink it for breakfast or after a workout.
    I also keep chicken breast in my fridge and freezer at all times. A grilled or pan seared chicken breast is great for lunch or dinner with practically anything. I really like to put a chicken breast in with a lean cuisine for dinner and with some cottage cheese and apple for lunch.
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Definitely try protein shakes!
    I ordered Designer Whey Women Aria (protein is only 14g) so you may want something higher like Optimum Nutrition stuff that has 24g. That's what my hubby has and he loves it in Extreme Milk Chocolate :)