Before and today - 33lbs lost, 5'8" *pics*

Options
AirCircleI
AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
I am 5'8" and my starting weight was about 189 (not exactly sure) before I kicked my but into gear in early October 2011. I started cycling to and from work (30 mins each way) and doing bootcamp for 45mins three mornings a week. I would occasionally throw in an extra workout here and there, such as circuit class, jogging, 30DS (not consistently), etc. I cleaned up my eating and cut out the majority of dairy (except for yoghurt, or milk when I was out of soy/almond) and processed sugar.

A normal day for me is: homemade granola/porridge for breakfast, a snack of a protein shake, lunch is something like tuna and a big salad or leftovers from the night before, afternoon snack of about 15 almonds and a fruit, dinner of some sort of protein and loads of veg, and a small portion of a carb.

I had been vegetarian for 17 years up until January. I didn't notice any difference in my weight loss before and after changing this aspect of my eating - I consistently lost 5-6lbs a month both before and after. But I do feel like I am able to consistently eat much more protein now that I eat meat, so it has worked for me.

I also drink MUCH less alcohol than I used to. I used to drink 3-5 days a week and now it is once a week or every 10 days and in smaller quantities (I find now it affects me much more, and my hangovers are HORRIBLE). I think this has contributed significantly to my weight loss.

I had hoped to be at my (arbitrarily set) goal of 150lbs by now and I am 6lbs short because my weight loss stalled for 6 weeks during April/May. I think this was due to me slacking off a bit with my diet and some sweets and alcohol sneaking in more often than before, particularly as I had a few long-weekend breaks, and I let myself eat and drink what I want when on holiday.

I've now decided to stop focussing on the scale and shift to strengthening. I have started doing the 100 push ups programme (google it if interested) and am determined to be able to do one pull-up. I also want to start lifting heavy and have ordered NROLFW. My goal now is not about the scale, but about dropping some body fat and getting stronger.

And now for the pictures! (I hope this works)

2 October 2011 (about 189lbs):
2Oct11-189.jpg

25 February 2012 (165lbs):
25Feb114-165.jpg

31 May 2012 (156lbs):

May12-156.jpg

May12-1562.jpg

May12-1563.jpg

Replies

• _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! You are looking amazing and toning up so well! I love that you are not "obsessed" with the scale, but you know that it's about your own image! You rock!
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Wow, you h ave done brilliantly! Well done
  • ctorres2000
    ctorres2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Congratulations, you look phenomenal!! Thanks for the inspiring story.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    You and I are almost the same :)
    I'm 5'9 and started at 190. However, I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs as opposed to tummy area, and have lost 14 lbs so far, so the amount of progress that I can see in my thighs is still small.

Great motivation though. You're doing a fantastic job, and I wish you the best. Keep up the good work :)
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

PS - I eat a minimum of 1900 calories a dayn - any less than that I start to get very grumpy!!
  • AmyLyn1983
    AmyLyn1983 Posts: 100
    Options
    wow!! you look amazing! keep up the great work and thanks for posting.
  • carysj
    carysj Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow! You've transformed yourself, fantastic job.
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And that bikini is wonderful! <3
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    You look fantastic! And you make me wish I was a whole lot taller. :laugh: Seriously, though, congrats!
  • orchidsand
    orchidsand Posts: 65
    Options
    Fantastic!!! You look great!!! Keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:
  • loveskinny27
    loveskinny27 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Amazing thanks for sharing you look great keep up the good work!! you have earnt that body :-)
  • maryrr88
    maryrr88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You look great! I wished I looked as proportionate as you when I was 165 (I'm also 5'8 but have a small frame, so even at 150 I think I look chubbier than you). Awesome job!!
  • Goldenwestie
    Goldenwestie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, day one for me, starting at 247 ouch. Your post and photos have inspired me, I've a long way to go but you have shown me it can be done - without obsession. Keep up the great work and keep us posted. Many thanks.
  • lsirelan
    lsirelan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • jac1967123
    jac1967123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    well done great going i also wish i was taller :-) :smile:
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You look great. We are the same height and body shape! And I started at 185...so it's neat to see that someone else loses the same way I do. Keep up the great work!
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    What an awesome transformation!
  • blondejester
    Options
    look amazing! congrats :flowerforyou:
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!!! Amazing transformation. Good for you :happy:
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    That made a big difference. Beautiful! Congratualtions!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!