New "cheat" food that I can't get enough of!!!!

Options
tiff1632
tiff1632 Posts: 52 Member
K, I :heart: ice cream BIG TIME!!!! #1 Cheat food out there for me!! Sooo, to curb the craving of it...I froze fresh blueberries. Not only do they taste WONDERFUL they surprisingly curb my ice cream craving!! I am freezing bananas, grapes, and a mango right now... I know I won't go crazy on the fruit, but sooo thankful I found something cold when I want ice cream!!

:wink:

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Why not fat free ice cream or reduced fat, I just bought some reduced fat ice cream today because I was craving Ice cream and I didnt feel guilty, I worked out extra hard to be ablet to eat 2 cups without feeling guilty but if its working for you thats awesome :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options
    I am about to go put my blueberries in the freezer. Thanks for the idea.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Can't go wrong with fresh fruit! You could also make smoothies out of them! Have you tried the Island Way sorbets? I get them at costco and they are low calories, generous serving sizes, packed with flavor, and they give you these tiny plastic spoons so it takes longer for me to eat one! lol I love them!
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Love frozen blueberries and frozen grapes, yum!

I love defrosting frozen peaches a little too. yummmmmy
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I LOVE frozen grapes!! everytime I have people over and they see my grapes in the freezer they laugh, but they are so delicious!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered frozen grapes. They are perfect for when it is still too long until supper but I'm hungry NOW!! I stock up whenever I see tem on sale.
  • ldbenincasa
    Options
    I have also heard that freezing the whipped yogurt (I think Yoplait makes it??) is really good. I know that they make a chocolate rasberry mouse flavor. Sounds like it would make a yummy frozen treat...not quite as healthy as fruit, but a little more like ice cream if you're having a serious craving. I am planning to try it.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Why not fat free ice cream or reduced fat, I just bought some reduced fat ice cream today because I was craving Ice cream and I didnt feel guilty, I worked out extra hard to be ablet to eat 2 cups without feeling guilty but if its working for you thats awesome :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm with you Shanta! NOTHING compares to icecream! :love: I get Edy's slow churned, no sugar added cookie dough, and honestly, I CAN'T tell the difference from the real thing! :love:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options

I'm with you Shanta! NOTHING compares to icecream! :love: I get Edy's slow churned, no sugar added cookie dough, and honestly, I CAN'T tell the difference from the real thing! :love:

I cant tell the diffrence either and it was yummmmmmmm gud I burned 1022 calories just to make room for 2cups and I dont feel guilty I mean why deprived yourself its not a diet to me, I mean believe it or not I still eat candy cookie,and Im still loosing weight its about moderation..Im not gone deprive myself But I love fruit to but when I want ice cream I want ice cream:happy:
  • estherguas
    estherguas Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just tried Frace today it's frozen yogurt soft serve that contains no fat no cholesterol and only 10 calories per ounce...

If you can find it where you live you have to try it!!!

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 5 oz

Amount per Serving
    Calories 50 Calories from Fat 0
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Sodium 0mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 10g 3%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 0g 0%
    Est. Percent of Calories from:
    Fat 0.0% Carbs 80.0%
    Protein 0.0%

242545.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

I cant tell the diffrence either and it was yummmmmmmm gud I burned 1022 calories just to make room for 2cups and I dont feel guilty I mean why deprived yourself its not a diet to me, I mean believe it or not I still eat candy cookie,and Im still loosing weight its about moderation..Im not gone deprive myself But I love fruit to but when I want ice cream I want ice cream:happy:

Yup, EXACTLY! The reason MFP HAS worked for me, vs TONS of other methods is because I'm NOT depriving myself! As long as I "work with my numbers" through exercise and moderation (MOST of the time!) I CAN have the foods that I love, and STILL lose weight! :smile:
    In fact, I was "bad" last weekend, had REAL icecream Sat., and then on Sun., had a steak and cheese sub with homemade french fries, and if THAT wasn't bad enough, had a dessert of peanut butter cup pie, which was "to die for"! And I STILL managed to lose 2 pounds this past week anyway! :happy:
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    I have also heard that freezing the whipped yogurt (I think Yoplait makes it??) is really good. I know that they make a chocolate rasberry mouse flavor. Sounds like it would make a yummy frozen treat...not quite as healthy as fruit, but a little more like ice cream if you're having a serious craving. I am planning to try it.

LOL, I freeze the normal Yoplait yogurt. They have an Orange Cream, I freeze it, let it defrost a few minutes, then YUMMY. It's ice cream to me.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou: