bare feet?

Options
Flab2fitfi
Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
I'm not one for wearing shoes and work out at home. I do use my trainers for the crosstrainer/treadmill but making a start on some exercise DVDs.

Can I do most of these in bare feet - I know it seems a silly question but most of them say sensible footwear. the only one that worries me is the kettle bells as I know I'll drop the thing on my foot knowing my luck. I also prefer to do them barefooted as I do alot of walking and my feet ache after and need to breath.

Replies

• hollieam92
    hollieam92 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I do my DVDs bare footed and never really thought about wearing trainers, never hurt me but good ask ha! :wink:
  • leannerob1984
    leannerob1984 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I always work out at home bare foot, except, like you, when using the cross trainer.

I find it easier and to be honest have always done it, but my main reason in the beginning was that i have cream carpet and didnt want to wear trainers on it lol! - stupid reason i know :-( but i have never had a problems.

Good Luck!
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I work out in bare feet but I have wooden floors so I use a yoga mat to stop me slipping and to help with the press ups etc otherwise my knees hurt.
  • Kuruschka
    Kuruschka Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I do 30DS bare feet on carpet with no problems.

Only use trainers on the Elliptical.
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I do. When I use my kettlebell, I am allways barefoot. But when I do something with lots of jumping in it, than I wear my trainers, because is much better for my ankle that way.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Barefoot every time
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I prefer barefoot..but I'm doing the 30 ds, and the plank position stuff is hard cause my feet slip too much. I had to switch over to shoes when I started level 2.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Barefoot for me. And when I walk outside I wear vibrams so that's kind of barefoot too.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I wear my trainers for most stuff except belly dance practice and yoga. My feet hurt too much if I don't have the arch support.
  • EstherZue
    EstherZue Posts: 39
    Options
    I exercise barefoot on the beach, the first time my joints hurt a little afterwards, but not anymore. I also do yoga at home barefoot or in socks.
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Barefoot unless I'm on my exercise bike
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    did it barefoot and I did not drop the kettle bell on my foot.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Yay! for the preservation of toes!!!