Hi! I'm Marshawne

Options
Hello all! I'm brand new here and don't usually use message boards so I hope I'm doing this right. I've been recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and really need to lose weight! I love this site! It really makes my life easier! counting carbs for the diabetes was getting tricky and made me feel like the only thing I knew I could eat was lettuce! I think that over time I will really be able to gadge everything before I put it in my mouth just from watching my entries! I have 48 ibs to lose to meet my goal, then I will re-evaluate my goal. Really I could stand to lose 73 ibs but I'm trying to keep it real.
excited to be here! telling ALL my friends! what a God send!

Replies

• sportingtam
    Options
    Hello,
    I started today as well. I am hoping that this site can help me better trace what I put in my mouth. Like earlier when I was entering what I ate today, I had to go back twice because I remembered that I actually had potato salad and bread with the burrito. I wish great success. Hope too catch you on the again.
    Sportingtam
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, I've been on this site for about 3 months now and I have to say it really has helped me out so much because it not only helps you track what you are putting into your body, it also helps you emotionally. I would recommend maybe finding a group under the motivation and support message boards, you would be surprised how many people sign in daily just to check in and support each other throughout our weight loss battle!

Good luck to you,

Andrea

187745.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • bluehawaii
    Options
    Hi, you are on the right track with your new life. This site is very easy to use and the people seem so friendly and helpful. All the best as you start your new path of life.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome. You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm brand new here and don't usually use message boards so I hope I'm doing this right. I've been recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and really need to lose weight! I love this site! It really makes my life easier! counting carbs for the diabetes was getting tricky and made me feel like the only thing I knew I could eat was lettuce! I think that over time I will really be able to gadge everything before I put it in my mouth just from watching my entries! I have 48 ibs to lose to meet my goal, then I will re-evaluate my goal. Really I could stand to lose 73 ibs but I'm trying to keep it real.
    excited to be here! telling ALL my friends! what a God send!

As a fellow diabetic (type 2 also), the carb allowance on this site is too high. There is a world of veggies out there that are calling your name!!!

I had spaghetti squash last night with italian sausage (fresh with no preservatives or chemicals), home made pasta sauce and caesar salad...........

I have lost 38 pounds so far, so good.

Welcome and you can learn a lot.

There are several groups that might be of interest to you since you are diabetic and having to watch carbs.............

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/55179-carb-conscious-peeps-june-2009

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/60476-low-carb-ers-challenge-to-choose-change

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/46897-diabetes-support-group-part-1