my water trick

Marshawne
Marshawne Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
I have a glass siting by my kitchen sink and when I get thirsty I just grab and drink. I got on this site and saw the water counter and thought...... How will I keep track of how many times I grab and drink?? I put little decorative cups on the windowsill in the kitchen above the sink. I put 12 pennies in one and everytime I grab and drink I move one penny from there into the empty one so I can just count the pennies! stupid I know but It's amazing the little things I find to be proud of myself for! LOL

Replies

• That is GREAT because we need little things like that to remind us!!! I like that system :happy:
  • That is a great trick and if it helps I say "More power to you." I am a bit scatter brained and would more than likely forget a penny here or there. Instead I have a water bottle (okay it looks like a mini-jug) with a line on it that reads "Your daily amount of water." At the start of the day I fill it up and work on it all day. By the end of the day I know I have had the required amount of water. Sometimes more if I fill it up. It has been so long since I had a soda that when I did have one this past Sunday it tasted funny. Now I don't go anywhere without my little mini-jug.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    good idea!! i drink from a foam cup at work, so i use a pen to write the number of cups i've had. after 2, I cross it out & write 4, after i down that cup i cross it out and write 6..and so on. (the foam cups at work are 16oz, so 2 cups per -- if you were wondering why i counted those in 2's :tongue: )
  • Never thought of doing something like that. Sounds like a great idea.:smile:
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    i put a shot glass on my counter.....Hiccup
This discussion has been closed.