Newbie form Yorkshire

Options
nickia77
nickia77 Posts: 6 Member
Hi all, I only joined yesterday & wondered if any members were local to me.....I'm from near York??

In the past I've tried all the slimming group diets but often found that there was a bit of hostility towards 'smaller sized' group members (I've got about a stone to lose) so I thought I'd give this a go....so far it's quite easy to keep track of because of the mobile app, I have been really shocked though by how many calories were secretly in 'healthy food' that I had been eating!!

I've got five kids (14, 12, 8, 5 & 3), a labradoodle, Bailey & the bunny, Diesel. Our interests are camping, walking, game & county fairs, probably sinking too much alcohol (according to thge government guidelines anyway) & general socializing.

Hope to hear from anyone that would like to add me as a friend.

Nicki x

ps - has anyone tried hoola hooping to tone their tummies (or my kangaroo pouch as I call it lol!) x

Replies

• Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I don't think you'll find hostility here, but you WILL find people that will hold you accountable and encourage you throughout your journey! :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me as one if you'd like!

As far as hula hooping goes, it REALLY works those abs and whittles your middle. Try it! I've done it on my Wii Fit and saw great results, so I'm a believer!
  • npatel160
    npatel160 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I know this is off track but I was born in Leeds and lived in Kippax, I moved to the US about 11 years, I loved York, I hope go back to visit someday...feel free to add me!! best wishes to you!!!
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi... I live in Kippax too which is only 20mins on train to York ;)