My rant about people being in cakes/biscuits to work!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mom2gar
    mom2gar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Oy my - today is food day at my office. I brought a fruit tart and their is a ridiculous amount of savory and sweet things to eat.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I know I know its just so hard!!

Temptation is part of life and will be forever. You are making a lifestyle change, and you need to learn when to fit a small slice of cake in from time to time.

This is the question you need to ask yourself: "Do I really want some, and can I afford it in my budget or work it off in the gym today?" If the answer to both is "yes", then you should have a small piece. If the answer to either is "no", then don't.

This is the same question you will have to ask yourself about every temptation FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. So take a moment and thank your co-workers for toughening your resolve. Or thank them for the delicious cake which you will enjoy within your budget.

The rest of the world won't change to make maintaining your weight easier. That's your job.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If you are vegan then how are you eating that stuff? Surely it's made with eggs and butter? Use that as a reason not to eat it.

I thought the same thing!
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If you are vegan then how are you eating that stuff? Surely it's made with eggs and butter? Use that as a reason not to eat it.

When I started MFP I was, not now
  • wasveganvictoria88
    Options
    Don't blame your co-workers for your lack of self discipline.

Haha but its so much easier!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have trouble when someone brings in bagels.

But I believe that no-one truly cares if I eat the cake or not.
    Go, participate (sing happy birthday, make small chat) and then if you really feel compelled, take a piece of cake back to your desk and then toss it.

Oh, and if you are feeling coerced, get yourself a cup of coffee, hold it with both hands and tell everyone you'll have a piece "in a few minutes" (and then either 'forget', or take it back to your desk and toss it).
  • reallyregina
    reallyregina Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I send that stuff to my husband's work so I don't eat it all and because most of the people he works with don't have a lot of money. I remember working my butt off and being broke. It was always so nice when someone would bring food in. It didn't matter what they brought. It meant I had food in my stomach and I didn't pay for it. Lately the things I send are vegan but shhhh we don't tell them that.
  • wasveganvictoria88
    Options
    I send that stuff to my husband's work so I don't eat it all and because most of the people he works with don't have a lot of money. I remember working my butt off and being broke. It was always so nice when someone would bring food in. It didn't matter what they brought. It meant I had food in my stomach and I didn't pay for it. Lately the things I send are vegan but shhhh we don't tell them that.

LOVE that idea :)
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    For some reason, I find that if I bring sweets in, I'm less tempted to eat them. Not sure why, but it works for me! I think I get satisfaction out of bringing them for others, then don't feel the need to indulge myself.