Obedience

Options
pwindahl
pwindahl Posts: 42 Member
After four months of obedience, I am happy to say that I am close to my goal weight. I started at 215 pounds and today weighed in at 177. I went from a tight 38 inch waist to my first pair of 33 jeans in over 30 years. I give thanks first to God for helping me be in control of my stomach and next to MyFtinessPal for making it easy to track my progress. After all, you can't manage what you can't measure! For those of you who are not seeing results, I suggest that you are not as committed as you should be. When tracking, DO NOT choose the lowest calorie option on the list. Enter EVERYTHING that you eat. Get some exercise (it becomes much easier as the weight drops). DON'T cheat. Figure on months of work. Weigh yourself daily so that you know how food impacts your weight. Cut some carbs off your diet and toss all of your fat clothes as you progress. Those are my tips, from one who has seen results. 9 more pounds and I will be at my lowest weight since high school (I am now 56). I am FINALLY at a "normal" weight and BMI.

You can do this. And consider asking God for help!

Pete

Replies

• CaraColleen
    CaraColleen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and tips! Congrats!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! God is good!
  • alyssasmommy312
    Options
    Great Job!!! And good tips!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Congrats and great advice!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure god didn't help/make you lose the weight, YOU DID! Give yourself more credit! It was all you baby! Congrats on the loss!
  • jody0726
    jody0726 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    AMEN!! Love the encouragement. We are blessed to be a blessing! I agree wholeheartedly!!
  • VeeJon
    VeeJon Posts: 27
    Options
    Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!....Congrats to you and Praise God for this victory!
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Pete, outstanding job. Thanks for the encouragement for those of us who are still on this journey. God is good all the time and all the time God is good. Be blessed=)
  • WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    You did awesome! Good job and praise God! I believe God helps us with anything we ask him to even if it is losing weight.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    congrats:smile:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I lost over 60 pounds in a year in spite of the health challenge which have been serious. PTL
  • jon40084
    jon40084 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Sounds like you're done really well.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Outstanding accomplishment!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Good for you!... This was not what I thought this thread was going to be about though... :blushing:
  • HeHealsMe
    HeHealsMe Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Praise the Lord!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Inspirtational... I agree with everything you've said and done. We are about the same stories too. Good luck with getting to your goal :)

PEACE
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!

Also,
    jr1985:
    Good for you!... This was not what I thought this thread was going to be about though... :blushing:

+++
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    OP - your progress is amazing! Congrats! I have to respectfully disagree though with your statement that if someone isn't seeing progress, they aren't committed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!