How to find the happy medium

Options
I have been doing really well exercising daily and staying under my calorie limits, and over the last 2 weeks I have lost 10lbs. BUT I was starting to feel seriously weak, and my milk supply was going down (I'm breastfeeding my 3 month old). So, for the last 2 days I have eaten my exercise cals and added in more carbs, and of course today I am UP 2 1/2 lbs. WTF!

Are my exercise cals being WAY over estimated? Does breastfeeding exclusively not really take up 500cals?

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    If your body was depleted of glycogen, what is stored when you eat carbs, then it is now restocking your energy supplies. Water is stored with the glycogen in the muscle cells at a ratio of 3:1. So, what you are seeing is probably just water and glycogen being stored.

Your 10 lb weight loss was extreme because you depleted your energy stores. Not all of it was fat.
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    If your body was depleted of glycogen, what is stored when you eat carbs, then it is now restocking your energy supplies. Water is stored with the glycogen in the muscle cells at a ratio of 3:1. So, what you are seeing is probably just water and glycogen being stored.

Your 10 lb weight loss was extreme because you depleted your energy stores. Not all of it was fat.
    ^^Agree!!!! 5 pounds a week means you would have had to have an average daily deficit of 2500 calories. If that isn't the case then it's not all fat loss....mostly water weight.