No more lean cuisines

Options
Well...I guess I can't mix things up a bit with lean cuisines. I had 4 lean cuisines last week for my dinners at work and gained 3 lbs. thankfully after lots of hard work and cooking my own dinners again i'm back down where i started. I feel like i wasted a whole week now that i could have been losing :( At least i lost those 3 lbs i gained but just disappointed.

Replies

• monica4354
    monica4354 Posts: 22
    Options
    It's water retention from the sodium. You can eat them, you just have to really watch your sodium the rest of the day.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    its the sodium induced water weight gain unless those four lean quisines put you 10,500 calories over your maintenance level.

I wouldnt eat them for health reasons, but 4 of them did not cause a gain of 3 pounds of fat
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Aside from the sodium, most of the prepackaged meals are overly processed. Good homecooking is Queen (or King)!
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was just water weight. Many of those packaged meals are really high in sodium. I thought about trying Lean Cuisine a while back, but decided it would be healthier (and cheaper) to cook for myself.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I don't blame you. Those things taste nasty!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It's water retention from the sodium. You can eat them, you just have to really watch your sodium the rest of the day.

^^this^^
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I agree it is just the sodium. I have been eating lean cuisines for awhile and you really have to watch the sodium counts on them :)
  • kristynkayte
    kristynkayte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh i'm sure it was all water retention...but still frustrating. I was just looking for a quick fix for a day or two a week...this isn't it. Lol
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    And you'll save some money. You could buy a few freezer pots and start freezing your healthier, tastier creations, if time is the issue.