Insantiy... How big is tooo big to try insanity???

Options
2»

Replies

• Cmh1211
    Cmh1211 Posts: 104
    Options
    i started insanity at 300lbs...

"only 1 number counts, 100, as in 100%" lol give it YOUR all and u will see results. im at 243 now and i didnt even take it tht serious. i only did a strict diet for the first 2 weeks.

GO AT YOUR OWN PACE! gl
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    According to my trainer it is extremely unsafe for anyone who is more than 45 lbs overweight to attempt any form of plyometric workouts as they can severely shorten the life of their knees Insanity is basically nothing but plyometrics.

I know a lot of people have done it and have seen results from it but the bottom line is that pushing plyometrics on out of shape people is a marketing ploy that is UNSAFE. It is a form of training intended only for people who are already in athletic shape.

I don't frankly care about how many people saw amazing results doing it going from fat to not fat. Doesn't make it any less safe and I have seen what happens to the knees of people who overloaded them too much when they were younger. The only advice that says otherwise comes from people trying to sell you something ($100+ for a set of DVDs).

My advice is unless you are training for a specific sport that requires it, keep EVERYTHING YOU DO low impact (yes you can do it without doing low INTENSITY). Your knees will thank you later. Especially if you're overweight.