The Power of Compliments

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I know we all love compliments. Well, I went to a retirement party today for one of my coworkers. I'm a teacher, but I've been on maternity leave since December. Therefore, I haven't seen a lot of these people since then. Almost everyone who was there complimented me on how good I look and how I don't look like I have three kids (4 and under). It felt great! It definitely helped me with my workout today.

Any recent compliments for you?

Replies

• KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Way to go!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Woo! That's so great!! :love: :flowerforyou:

Adorable kids too! :heart:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!
  • ecrb77
    ecrb77 Posts: 78
    Options
    What great motivation:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Just when I forget that I have lost over 30 pounds..............I run into someone I havent seen in a long time.

Sometimes just the :noway: on their faces keeps me riding that bike for an additional 10 minutes!!

:flowerforyou: Your doing great, keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    You look great! And yes compliments are a huge part of the journey. You want people noticing your success and when they do it makes you want to lose more. Just on mOnday I was walking back to my cubicle at work and a co-worker said "Cherie you need to stop!". I had no idea what she was talking about. She then said "You look great but if you get smaller than me I will die." She is a size 14 and I am on the brink of that. I love that people notice. I look at my self in the mirror and of course there are things that still need changes but the overall picture looks good. I have 30 more pounds go til I get to the point where I can re-evaluate if I need to loose another 15 pounds. I am lovin every minute of this journey and couldn't have done it with out the support of MFP or my roommate who has also lost an incredible amount of weight. Without the competition aspect of this journey with her I don't know where I would be.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!