Need help fitting running in...

Options
I just started a new part-time job. I have 4 children and while I hate going to work, we need the money so I had to get a job. I work 15-17 hours a week. Before I had a job, I was running religiously 4 times a week and sticking to a 1/2 marathon schedule. These past 2 weeks I have only ran twice so far in 2 WEEKS! I'm so afraid that I'm going to loose what I worked up to so far. My 1/2 marathon is on 9/22 so I know I have some time, but I would really like to run it under 2 hours....

So I need help. My running schedule WAS as follow:
Monday - 3 to 4 miles
Tuesday - OFF
Wednesday - 5 to 6 miles
Thursday 3 to 4 miles
Friday - OFF
Saturday - Long run

My work schedule is:
WEEK 1 - Monday (230pm-8pm)
Tuesday (230pm - 8pm)
Thursday (230-8pm)

WEEK 2 - Tuesday ( 230pm-8pm)
Thursday (230-8pm)
Saturday (9am-4pm)

The kicker is is when I work Tuesday and Thursdays, my husband works at 330am so going running before he goes to work is not possible.

I know if I want it bad enough, I'll find a way to make it work. I just need some suggestions! Thank you!

Replies

• brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    any chance of running to / from work or at your 'lunch' break?
  • FitMissVicky
    FitMissVicky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was going to make a similar suggestion. Can you incorporate it into your regular schedule somehow? I have taken to running beside my son as he bikes to school (he's 5) - it serves as a warmup and then I take a long route home so I can have a proper run.

My other workouts I fit in after my kids go to bed, and often i won't get to the gym until 9. Can you run at night when you get home from work? One advantage of night running in the summer months is that it's cooler. I guess it depends on where you live, though - whether it is well lit enough, so if you are running on the road cars can see you.