Peanut Butter Cups

Options
2»

Replies

• czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I have a very long way to go to eat everything "clean" not preaching, but I never liked the stuff before I knew!
    I bought a tub of it once and accidentally left it out before preparing my recipe. I was horrified when I opened it, it looked like a lump of waxy curdled milk floating in oily looking water! Can you imagine what it does to your arteries?

So has anyone tried the peanut butter cups with real whipped cream?

i don't know if it will work because real whip cream is so temperamental if you over-stir it. also, i've always had a problem freezing real whip cream.

Oh well, dip the chocolate in the peanut butter!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    here's two HG posts with this recipe, each uses a diff PB so the cal count is a lil different :smile:

www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=946

www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=432

PG:flowerforyou:
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    I have a similar recipe by Weight Watchers and it is to die for!
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    Ok. I tried it.

It was higher in calories, but it came out good. I really liked it. This is what I did:

I made some homemade whipped cream using my Magic Bullet.

1 cup whipped cream
    1/4 cup Skippy reduced fat peanut butter
    10 tsp Hershey Lite Chocolate Syrup

Mix the whipped cream and peanut butter until well blended. Then instead of using a muffin tin or liners, I put 2 tbsp of the whipped cream/peanut butter mixture in each section of an ice cube tray (only used 10 sections.) Then topped each section off with a tsp. of Hershey Lite Syrup. I put it in the freezer for about an hour and a half. It probably should be in there a little longer than that.

Nutrition Facts:

Calories: 140
    Fat: 12
    Sodium: 76
    Carbs: 5
    Fiber: 0.6
    Sugar: 3
    Protein: 2