Can someone explain BUMP to me? #feelingleftout

Options
I have been seeing others post BUMP on threads... I cannot for the life of me figure out what this could possibly mean... Someone please educate me!:huh:

Replies

• jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    bump is a post used to bump the current thread to the top of the queue in any chronological forum (like this one, where the most recent post is the one on top). In essence, you "bump" it to the top of the line.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    BUMP - means that they wish to keep that topic/thread live & therefore at the top of the listings, hopefully more people will see it & respond if it stays at the top of the listings :)

Also some people use it to "bookmark" it in their topics so that they can come back later.

Another popular one is NSV - non scale victory.

Russ
  • LBachynsky
    LBachynsky Posts: 64
    Options
    jdploki70 is correct. However, on this forum, for some silly reason, people are using BUMP where they should be using TAG, which is the reason for the confusion.

TAG is used to indicate that you are posting in order to make the thread more accessible for later reading. If you post in a thread, it automatically appears in your "My Topics" section.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Speed Bump
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Speed Bump