Energy Supplements (gallbladder removed)

Options
Hi Guys

I am in need of a healthy energy supplement to give me a boost before my workouts after work. I had my gallbladder removed about 1 1/2 years ago. I have to becareful what I take. I am always so tired since I had it removed so it makes it difficult with my workouts sometimes. I have been trying b12 supplements and have been on them for 2 weeks but have not noticed a change...I was told sometimes it takes a month for these to get in your blood stream?

I would love any suggestions on what you guys use for that extra boost.
I lift alot of weights and need that extra energy.

Thanks!

Replies

• Justarcy
    Justarcy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am looking into this myself and thus far, these are the three names that come up quite often on this forum:
    Cellucor C4
    Rhodiolla 110
    jack3d
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I keep it pretty simple when I think I need a boost:
    - Caffeine (I drink some coffee)
    - Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA)
    - Simple Carbs (I’ll eat a banana).

• knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I usually just drink a coffee. I didn't last night, and man was I dragging!
  • Justarcy
    Justarcy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wish coffee would work. I love coffee and have a cup everyday but doesn't really do anything for me as far as waking me up or giving me an energy kick. I can have an espresso right before bed and go to sleep without any problems.

I need something that will put me between 4th and 5th gear.
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I've had mine removed too and I didn't notice untili read this that I'm like that too
  • danielmaznabi
    danielmaznabi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Personally for energy and recovery, I take a supplement that carry's all the essential Branch Chain Amino Acids and activated b complex vitamins, that absorb within your blood stream within the day, you can possibly give that a try, gallbladder friendly
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Just curious, what about getting your gallbladder removed makes you tired?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Most of the things listed will have you bouncing off the walls till 3 AM if you lift after work then try to sleep 3-4 hours later. Better check how you react to caffeine.