Eat More to Lose More...But what can you actually eat?

Options
Hi,

I am new to this eat more to lose more and would like someone to give me a list of foods that are acceptable to eat and a list of foods to avoid like the plague?

All help is greatly apprecaited.

Thanks

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Stay away from processed foods, lots of veggies and you can eat till you are feel full and not go over on your calories.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    here's the link to the group....you might wanna post it in their forum http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Avoid sugar, eat lots of protein and keep moving!

(They say green veggies are all good but I am only preaching here cuz I hate veggies myself! lol)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    It's a personal choice. You can honestly eat anything you want if it fits into your calorie goals. I choose to eat un-processed whole foods 90% of the time as I can get more 'bang for my buck' because fruits, veggies and lean meats are just lower calorie than most other things plus they are healthier. I'm not perfect all the time, that's where the 10% comes in...I allow myself treats and convenience items a few times a week.
  • aprileigh27
    aprileigh27 Posts: 37
    Options
    Its not really what to eat....clearly you dont want to be eating big macs and fries...

you should be eating 5-6 SMALL meals a day........try to stay away from things that are processed or anything with alot of sodium........on a typical day for me this is what i eat....

Breakfast-
    egg white omlet filled with veggies and cheese

snack-
    whey protein shake
    (milk, peanut butter and scoop of proetin sometimes I add a banana in there)

lunch
    salad with meat
    everything on my salad....except cheese bc I had cheese in the morning....ill alternate bc there is alot of sodium in some cheeses...and I also put cranberries and nuts on my salad

or I have a sandwhich...but I used like real turkey or chicken

snack
    fiber plus bar/ nuts

dinner
    protein( chicken, fish, shrimp and sometimes steak)
    2 veggies or 1 veggies and sweet potato

eating so often helps speed up your metabolism.............I dont deprive myself of things I just eat them in moderation and I try to switch them up....I look for things in high protein and fiber....good fats and low in sodium......

hope that helps.
  • kels136
    kels136 Posts: 55
    Options
    thanks all your comments really help