Luna bars!

Options
I just discovered these yummmmmmy bars in the health food section of my grocery store and decided to try them..
So far, the Apple Cinnamon, Peanut Butter Cookie, and Iced Oatmeal Raisin have rocked my world.

They're wonderful for breakfast with a glass of milk, or as an afternoon snack.

Anyone else love them?

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I really like them too. They are yummy. I like the Tea cakes especially.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    yes - i could live on the peanut butter cookie bars! YUMMY! :bigsmile:
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Oh if you like the Luna Bars you have to try their Clif Bars as well. They work great before/after a really hard core workout. They've got the right amount of carbs, fiber, protein, and flavor! Around the holiday's they make a gingerbread one that rocks!!!
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    yes - i could live on the peanut butter cookie bars! YUMMY! :bigsmile:

Oh my gosh, me too.

This is making me crave one. Haha.
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    The bluberry bliss is heavenly!!!!!:love:
  • evanslawn
    evanslawn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Love the S'Mores! I've been eating one of those everyday for the past 5 years.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Oh if you like the Luna Bars you have to try their Clif Bars as well. They work great before/after a really hard core workout. They've got the right amount of carbs, fiber, protein, and flavor! Around the holiday's they make a gingerbread one that rocks!!!

I love Clif Bars!! After this thread, I'll have to check out the Luna ones as well. Do the Luna have all the extras - fiber, protein, etc.??
  • purple_light
    purple_light Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow....I've never heard of these. I just looked them up online and this definatley looks like something I could use when I'm in the mood for something sweet. I'm going to pick one up today, I think I have my eye on the white chocolate macadamian one! Awesome.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Clif and Luna bars are made by the same manufacturer. Clif is more directed to males adn Luna more to females.

I was eating one every day as a snack and the nutritionist pointed out the calories and sugar in them as a reason my weight loss stalled. Each one is over 200 calories. When I switched my Luna bar out for an apple and peanut butter, the weight started dropping again.

Although I agree they are delicious ( I especially like the Maple nut Clif bar), watch what you are doing to your body.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I've had Luna bars at running races. The caramel nut brownie one is my favorite. These are great after very hard workouts. I would not recommend eating them daily.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Luna bars taste like candy bars to me (so, of course I love them), but I like Clif for working out.

Gypsy, as a member of the cycling club, I recommend Clif if you're ever out for a long ride (35-40miles). They're great mid-way thru for a boost. Happy pedaling :happy: :drinker: :happy:

exercise.png
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    The clif bars come in mini-size bars that are lower call. We use them a lot when we're hiking because if we stop for a minute or two break, we can grab a tiny snack. Gives some carbs, protein, fiber, etc without having to eat the sugar/carbs of a full sized clif bar. I recommend checking them out.

My favorite thing about them is that if you look at the ingredients, there's really nothing bad in them. I know a lot of competitive runners and cyclists who adore them for that reason.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I like the Luna (caramel nut brownie) and Clif bars (carrot cake... yum!) but agree they are a little higher in cals/ sugar. Another option for a lower cal tag are the Clif Kidz bars. They come in chocolate chip, chocolate brownie, honey graham, and peanut butter. My kids LOVE them and they are great for packing somewhere like the pool or park, lunchboxes, etc. They have between 120-140 cals and 3g fiber. Check the database, they're all in listed in there w/ the nutrition info. You can buy a huge box of them at Sam's club also.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I've seen these but haven't tried them, may be a good post workout snack especially since I exercise in the evening and sometimes feel I need something before winding down for the night. I'm usually under on my protein so these would help. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    Clif and Luna bars are made by the same manufacturer. Clif is more directed to males adn Luna more to females.

I was eating one every day as a snack and the nutritionist pointed out the calories and sugar in them as a reason my weight loss stalled. Each one is over 200 calories. When I switched my Luna bar out for an apple and peanut butter, the weight started dropping again.

Although I agree they are delicious ( I especially like the Maple nut Clif bar), watch what you are doing to your body.

180 calories and 11 grams of sugar works just fine for me.
    I've actually had more success losing weight since I found them than I did before.

I think it depends on the person.
  • purple_light
    purple_light Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've went to 3 places in the past day and a half, and finally found them. I was with my 11 year old and we chose 3 different kinds. As I was driving to get my 4 year old from daycare I asked my daughter to pick which one to try first. I wasn't thrilled about the first so my daughter tried it and loved it. I than opened the second, and still not thrilled with that one...again, my daughter loved it. The third was the same, once again she loved that one too! I'm not sure, but I think it was too dense for me and left a bad after taste in my mouth. I'm not a chocolate craver, however, maybe once a month I feel like a sweet treat. I think I'm going to stick with the 100 cal ah caramels, they give me just enough sweetness in those 2 little bites and takes the craving for sweets away. My daughter, on the other hand, asked if she could finish the 3 bars we had purchased, only to leave them in the car to melt....ah kids!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I like the Luna (caramel nut brownie) and Clif bars (carrot cake... yum!) but agree they are a little higher in cals/ sugar. Another option for a lower cal tag are the Clif Kidz bars. They come in chocolate chip, chocolate brownie, honey graham, and peanut butter. My kids LOVE them and they are great for packing somewhere like the pool or park, lunchboxes, etc. They have between 120-140 cals and 3g fiber. Check the database, they're all in listed in there w/ the nutrition info. You can buy a huge box of them at Sam's club also.
    I also like using the kids cliff bars. They are also much higher in calcium and iron than most other health bars, which is important for us ladies to stay healthy. Honey graham is my favorite, but there is a blueberry one that is good too.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I didn't know about the kids' Clif bars. I'll have to try them. As I approach 40 I should be getting more calcium. Thanks for the info :drinker:

exercise.png
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I just discovered them as well and love them.. I wasn't convinced because I've tried protein bars and the like before and they've always had that vitamin-ey taste...:sick:
    but wow - yeah, s'mores and the carmel brownie one. fantastic!:heart::tongue:
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Larabars for (mostly carb) energy while hiking or doing outdoorsy stuff.

For some reason the Luna bars left a rancid chalky taste in my mouth. Hmm...