This is BS.

Options

Replies

• wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I was skinny fat too. After lots of heavy weight training, intense cardio, p90x, insanity, loads of protein and the whole 9 yards I have achieved a super toned physique. The difference I see between you and me is I dont eat back my exercise calories.. Dont give up!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I was skinny fat too. After lots of heavy weight training, intense cardio, p90x, insanity, loads of protein and the whole 9 yards I have achieved a super toned physique. The difference I see between you and me is I dont eat back my exercise calories.. Dont give up!

whats your total calories? Most days she is at 1400-1500 and rarely over that. For intense training, that isn't enough calories. And saying your goal is 1700 and eating at your goal are two different things.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    714rah714, if you include your exercise as part of your tdee, then you don't need to log exercise as it's accounted for.
    [/quote]
    Trying to understand why you would do this and the only thing I can come up with is if your exercise routine remains unchanged day in/day out.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

The calorie thing is not BS, it's just a PART of the larger picture. I read over this whole thing, and i didn't see one mention of WHAT you are eating.
    You will stay fat as long as you continue to eat:
    Refined foods
    Processed foods
    Oils
    Man-made foods
    Incomplete foods

What percentage of your calories comes from fat? Figure that out, and it's more than 10%, it's too high.

Way to make things up, so above 10% is too much fat and eating any of the above listed are magically evil foods that will not allow you to lose fat? What fantasy land do you live in?
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Refined foods
    Processed foods
    Oils
    Man-made foods
    Incomplete foods

What percentage of your calories comes from fat? Figure that out, and it's more than 10%, it's too high.

Stop making things up.
  • txbelle25
    txbelle25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think that is fairly good progress. You definitely look more toned and muscle weighs more than fat does.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    alright, ill try upping my cals, and sticking to my hybrid. dunno if can go 8 month of intensive training without at least a skinny cow lolthough :P

any more advice is apppreciated, I am actually listening, and not just complaining (well i hope not anyway....)
  • mattelfaige
    mattelfaige Posts: 11
    Options
    mabey you should have your thyroid checked out if its sluggish you wont lose any weight
  • psuLemon
    Options

Trying to understand why you would do this and the only thing I can come up with is if your exercise routine remains unchanged day in/day out.

Just another way of doing weight loss.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    alright, ill try upping my cals, and sticking to my hybrid. dunno if can go 8 month of intensive training without at least a skinny cow lolthough :P

any more advice is apppreciated, I am actually listening, and not just complaining (well i hope not anyway....)

Just have patience.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Refined foods
    Processed foods
    Oils
    Man-made foods
    Incomplete foods

Stop making things up.

in another thread this poster says keep protein at 10% also.

they walk among us.
  • hallie_b
    hallie_b Posts: 181
    Options
    have you checked thyroid?
    Yes, have your thyroid checked and check your vitamin/ nutri levels . I couldn't lose weight and neight could my cousin her issue is thyroid; mine is a CRH and cortisol imbalance that came on after a surgery. You don't look bad at all though, so I wouldn't stress the weight (which can also cause cortisol production without burn btw) aslong as you are feeling healthier.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options

I don't understand why you can't have your Skinny Cow.. if you see the amount of ice cream I eat weekly and I still manage to lose weight and inches ( well for the past 2 months it has been more inches than weight) then you can sure as hell have your skinny cow! If I have learned anything it is that being consistent is key. I do not understand macros and micros or anything about nutrients but moderation and exercise is the key... keep at it and Good luck!
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options

Just have patients.

Is she a doctor?
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    It seems like you almost have the right idea, but not quite, and then you aren't getting that quite right either.

the simple rules are work out tdee, eat that. if you exercise, eat that too.

Lift heavy, compound exercises.

Make sure you are getting enough protein. 1-1.5g/lb of LBM

The rest sorts itself out.

Also don't listen to the guy going on about low fat etc - that post alone lets me know that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

"Beware of false knowledge, it is more dangerous than ignorance"
  • psuLemon
    Options

Just have patients.

Is she a doctor?

LMFAO. patience I meant.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference in your before and after pictures!! So it IS working! Important for you because you don't need to lose weight is getting enough calories, you don't need to be at a deficit!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    When you have very little to lose, it goes much more slowly. Often when you see folks saying: I lost 20LBS doing 30DS they have a lot to lose.
    You have, what, about 10LBS you could spare? It's going to be very very very slow. I am losing 10LBS. It's averaging about .5LB a week. And I'm being super careful.
    That's just the way it goes.
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    eatign at 1700 cal is hard enough, wih the protein levels i need to achieve, especially eating clean an wacthing those macros. Adding mroe cal.. *kitten* a brick...

I looked at your diary -- why do you have your protein goal set at 213 grams for a 1700 calorie diet? Is that the Insanity or 30 Day Shred diet (I've never done either, so I have no clue).

From what I have read, in general, the rule of thumb is 1 - 1.5 grams of protein for each pound of lean body mass. So, let's say you are 120 pounds with 20% body fat -- you would try to eat 96 - 144 grams of protein. I am 125 pounds (no idea on body fat% but probably around 20%), and I typically shoot for 120 grams of protein a day on a 2,000 calorie diet.

If trying to squeeze that much protein on a diet of 1700 calories is leaving you feeling deprived of some carb treats (like Skinny Cows), I really don't think you need to make that sacrifice.

Just a thought.
  • valiant_1
    valiant_1 Posts: 18
    Options
    hey there,

it could be age. it could be the time of day that certain calories are consumed. it could be food combinations... there is quite a cocktail of stuff that has to happen for some people to begin to lose the fat... i have a very similar body size and structure to yours, and all i can say is that you've got to a) be kind to yourself b) be patient and c) trust the process. the fact that you've been doing this for six months, and have seen "some" results (albeit not the ones you'd like to see), IS nonetheless progress. so pat yourself on the back, and tell that ideal woman inside you who says that you should have already transformed yourself into a super thin, super lean, sporty spice by now, to take a hike. she does NOT have your best interest in mind! what I find so inspiring about where you are right now is the fact that you're still young and you really do look great, already! When I was 21, my body looked different than it does now. i did have more fat, and i felt the same way you do. then, ten years later at 31, I did a 21-day cleanse. not to lose weight, but just to cleanse. and it was quite an experience. during that cleanse, a lot of that fat just kind of peeled itself off me, and I've never returned to looking the way I did before I did the cleanse. I'm not saying you should do one to achieve your goals. I am however advocating for you to shift your point of view a little bit about the way you look. our bodies are still very much forming themselves into our late 20's. and the best thing you can do for the future of your body, is to continue to work out (as you are) and eat well (as you are). you must trust the process, and continue to show up for your health and weight loss goals. you've got a good foundation of healthy living, strength training, and being active and eating well. so let go of the numbers a little bit for now and work on the mind and perspective part of it. this might be where your biggest problems lie. in your mind, and not in the way you look. thanks for posting and keep it up!