Looking Good For Christmas - Week 3

Options

Replies

• datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Start Date July 15 - Starting weight 242.4 lbs.
    Week 1 July 22 - 140 (-2.4)
    Week 2 July 29 – 139.4 (-0.6)

Total: -3.0

I have a suggestion if that is okay... Is it alright if we just post our chart up to the current week so that there is less to scroll through when reading posts? Or maybe the first post has the complete list of dates but the rest have just up to the current date? I am doing it for myself but didn't know if anyone else might be interested to cut down on the number of pages to go through and less scrolling.

Thanks,
    Tammy
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have a suggestion if that is okay... Is it alright if we just post our chart up to the current week so that there is less to scroll through when reading posts? Or maybe the first post has the complete list of dates but the rest have just up to the current date? I am doing it for myself but didn't know if anyone else might be interested to cut down on the number of pages to go through and less scrolling.

Thanks,
    Tammy

I agree as well! It would take up much less space!:smile:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    thanks Tammy i like tha idea too.Lets see If I can do it
    Start Date July 15 188
    Week 1 July 22 No lost
    Week 2 July 29 192no loss gained 4 lbs
    Calie
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Back from my camping trip in the White Mountains! What a GREAT time, weather was beautiful. Weighed in this am NO loss for me. I am ok with that cause my exercise hasn't been great. Goal is to step it up so I see a loss for next Wed.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    Start Date July 15 Starting weight 200
    Week 1 July 22 - 199 (broke the 200 barrier whoo hoo)
    Week 2 July 29 -201.5 (TOM - always show a gain of a pound or 2)

Ok yesterday was my birthday and so, even though I had a gain this week because of my TOM, I totally indulged in birthday gluttony. donut holes from a little donut shop near my house for breakfast (lost count at hole number 5), lunch was at an italian restaurant...red wine, cesar salad, fried calamari and (wait for it...) truffle macaroni and cheese OMG! :noway: Y-U-M. of course the waitress heard it was my birthday and brought me a piece of the best spongecake EVER. so for dinner because I was too unbelievably stuffed the rest of the day...I just had a pint of ben & jerry's :noway: and of course all night my tummy was saying: :angry: :grumble: :angry: :grumble: :angry:
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Start Date July 15 Starting weight 200
    Week 1 July 22 - 199 (broke the 200 barrier whoo hoo)
    Week 2 July 29 -201.5 (TOM - always show a gain of a pound or 2)

Ok yesterday was my birthday and so, even though I had a gain this week because of my TOM, I totally indulged in birthday gluttony. donut holes from a little donut shop near my house for breakfast (lost count at hole number 5), lunch was at an italian restaurant...red wine, cesar salad, fried calamari and (wait for it...) truffle macaroni and cheese OMG! :noway: Y-U-M. of course the waitress heard it was my birthday and brought me a piece of the best spongecake EVER. so for dinner because I was too unbelievably stuffed the rest of the day...I just had a pint of ben & jerry's :noway: and of course all night my tummy was saying: :angry: :grumble: :angry: :grumble: :angry:

Happy belated birthday to you. Now get back in the game. :tongue:
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds! I am super excited about this because it is my TOM and I still managed to lose. I did not go over my calories any time during the past week, but I also did not exercise at all! I need to do better with the working out this coming week. Great job on everybody's progress. I posted this yesterday on the old thread before I realized today that there was a new one.

Start Date July 15 - Starting weight 179 lbs.
    Week 1 July 22 - 177 (-2)
    Week 2 July 29 - 175 (-2)

Week 3 August 5
    Week 4 August 12
    Week 5 August 19
    Week 6 August 26

Week 7 September 2 Labor Day is Monday
    Week 8 September 9
    Week 9 September 16
    Week 10 September 23
    Week 11 September 30

Week 12 October 7 Canadian Thanksgiving is on Monday
    Week 13 October 14 .
    Week 14 October 21
    Week 15 October 28

Week 16 November 4
    Week 17 November 11
    Week 18 November 18
    Week 19 November 25 American Thanksgiving is Tomorrow!

Week 20 December 2
    Week 21 December 9
    Week 22 December 16
    Week 23 December 23 Christmas Eve is Tomorrow!
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Now what is TOM and why always add a pound or two?
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Now what is TOM and why always add a pound or two?

Time Of Month
  • magglett
    Options
    Good Morning Good Morning ... Just have to get through work today then I'm off for 4 days!!

TGIF.gif
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So I got my results back from the doctor on my blood work...not very good news. My cholesterol has come down but is still high and my triglycerides are way up. So I am starting fresh today...which I haven't been able to do the entire week. So wish me luck! I had a yogurt with granola, a bowl of grapes and a cup of tea for breakfast.

I wish you all a healthy day!
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    Hey Y'all! I just had my monthly weigh/measure done at Curves and It had been a good month! 3.5 pounds, 3.5 inches and (drumroll) I've lost 4% body fat! WOOT!:drinker: Only 5 more BMI points to go (+/- 30 pounds :grumble: ) to be "healthy".

I've been thinking about that 4% a bit. If my whole entire body was 100% fat, would 4% be, like , chopping off a foot? a hand? I'm trying to get an idea in my head of how big the lump-o-chunkines would be...

Hope everyone has a super weekend filled with good choices, exercise, and lots of water! Later!
  • flipflopgirl72
    Options
    can I join in, I started on the same week as you but just found this thread. If I can't no problem, here is my progress so far

Start Date July 15 - Starting weight 205 lbs.
    Week 1 July 22 - 202 lbs (-3)
    Week 2 July 29 - 196 lbs (-6 this week) (-9 total)

Week 3 August 5
    Week 4 August 12- vacation in Destin, Florida
    Week 5 August 19
    Week 6 August 26

Week 8 September 9
    Week 9 September 16
    Week 10 September 23
    Week 11 September 30

Week 13 October 14
    Week 14 October 21
    Week 15 October 28

Week 16 November 4
    Week 17 November 11
    Week 18 November 18

Week 20 December 2
    Week 21 December 9
    Week 22 December 16
    My goal is to lose 30 lbs. by Christmas to bring me down to 159 lbs. Yay ... good luck all!!
  • magglett
    Options
    can I join in, I started on the same week as you but just found this thread. If I can't no problem, here is my progress so far

Start Date July 15 - Starting weight 205 lbs.
    Week 1 July 22 - 202 lbs (-3)
    Week 2 July 29 - 196 lbs (-6 this week) (-9 total)

Week 3 August 5
    Week 4 August 12
    Week 5 August 19
    Week 6 August 26

Week 8 September 9
    Week 9 September 16
    Week 10 September 23
    Week 11 September 30

Week 13 October 14
    Week 14 October 21
    Week 15 October 28

Week 16 November 4
    Week 17 November 11
    Week 18 November 18

Week 20 December 2
    Week 21 December 9
    Week 22 December 16
    My goal is to lose 30 lbs. by Christmas to bring me down to 159 lbs. Yay ... good luck all!!

Everybody is welcome!!! :happy: Glad you can join us!!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    hello everyone

magglett i luv ur Friday picture happy Friday hoooooooo
    my check in for today delayed by 2 days

SW when started MFP 145
    Start Date July 15 - Starting weight 144.
    Week 1 July 22 - 140.5(Lost 3.5)
    Week 2 July 31 -138(Lost 2.5)

Week 3 August 5
    Week 4 August 12
    Week 5 August 19
    Week 6 August 26

Week 7 September 2
    Week 8 September 9
    Week 9 September 16
    Week 10 September 23
    Week 11 September 30

Week 12 October 7
    Week 13 October 14
    Week 14 October 21
    Week 15 October 28

Week 16 November 4
    Week 17 November 11
    Week 18 November 18
    Week 19 November 25

Week 20 December 2
    Week 21 December 9
    Week 22 December 16
    My goal is to lose 30 lbs. by Christmas want to be 120 lbs hope i can do it
  • Iffer75
    Options
    So I got my results back from the doctor on my blood work...not very good news. My cholesterol has come down but is still high and my triglycerides are way up. So I am starting fresh today...which I haven't been able to do the entire week. So wish me luck! I had a yogurt with granola, a bowl of grapes and a cup of tea for breakfast.

I wish you all a healthy day!

Just think when you lose weight, those problems will slowly go away. You are doing a great job, you will get there before you know it. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I think that I am going to wait one more week before I weigh. I have had a hard week, with my fiance' out of town. I will weigh next Saturday morning, which will be Aug 8th. That will make it 4 weeks since I have weighed last.
    Everyone is doing an awesome job, keep up the great work. Have a fantastic weekend. :bigsmile:
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    anthrochix: 4% is a lot to lose. That is GREAT! Keep it up. I think healthy depends on your sex. I've been trying for so long and have not been able to get rid of the body fat. So I'm doubling my exercise and weight training efforts. I think essential means that you need that much fat for your organs and systems to run properly. I'm on the other end of acceptable, but would like to move towards fitness. However, at this point I'd be happy to lose even 1% of bod yfat.

Classification Women (% fat)
    Essential Fat 10-12%
    Athletes 14-20%
    Fitness 21-24%
    Acceptable 25-31%
    Obese 32% plus

Men (% fat)
    Essential Fat 2-4%
    Athletes 6-13%
    Fitness 14-17%
    Acceptable 18-25%
    Obese 25% plus

*American Council on Exercise
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    hi everyone

hope everyone r doing good n loosing it(i mean weight)

i have one question when i goto tools and check my BMR it says i have to intake 1325 cal/day,but when i goto goal and calculate the calories intake according to MFP it only shows 1200 cal.

do you think i can go and change my calorie intake in goals.or just leave as recommended by MFP.

please can anyone let me know posted this question before no reply from anyone
    please:cry:

thanks alot
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    hi everyone

hope everyone r doing good n loosing it(i mean weight)

i have one question when i goto tools and check my BMR it says i have to intake 1325 cal/day,but when i goto goal and calculate the calories intake according to MFP it only shows 1200 cal.

do you think i can go and change my calorie intake in goals.or just leave as recommended by MFP.

please can anyone let me know posted this question before no reply from anyone
    please:cry:

thanks alot

BMR is the number of calories you would burn if you were to do nothing all day long but set and breathe. To lose weight you have to eat at a deficit and that's where the 1200 calories a day comes in. Hope that helps.