V8 How do you feel about it?

Options
meburke7
meburke7 Posts: 3 Member
Sometimes I don't always eat enough veggies and fruit and I love V8 I just started drinking it again. I use it for days I don't eat a lot or need more calories because i am not eating enough.

How do you feel about it??

Creative ways to use it in things??

Replies

• pokeelyy
    pokeelyy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yummy ♥
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I haven't had it in a looooong time. From what I remember, it tasted like watered down ketchup, and very salty.
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! Delicious!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    i like the low sodium one ..ice cold...BUT can only drink the small cans ..a big one is too much for me
  • Jayme813
    Jayme813 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    V8 is Delish! But watch out for the Sodium content.... from what I can remember, it has a loooooot of sodium, which (obviously) isn't all that great for you.
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The sodium in it made me sick.
  • acantu59
    acantu59 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! But I always buy the Hot 'n' Spicy... It does have a lot of sodium in it, so if you're watching that closely it's probably not a great sub for real veggies. I've tried the Low-Sodium and it is just bad! It makes the best bloody marys!
  • nurserae7
    nurserae7 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don't always eat enough veggies and fruit and I love V8 I just started drinking it again. I use it for days I don't eat a lot or need more calories because i am not eating enough.

How do you feel about it??

Creative ways to use it in things??

I can't offer any creative ways to use V8, but I love the stuff straight from the glass! I'm like you. It seems sometimes getting in all those veggies can be a struggle. I like veggies, but I just don't get enough. So, if I have a V8 it works for me. I like the taste, and if salt is a problem, just try the low-sodium version.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I like mine with vodka, whorchestershire, pepper, and a bunch ofhot sauce. But maybe that's just me.

Seriously though, I love it. Especially with some hot sauce. It's probably not as good for you as just eating some veggies because it is lower in fiber and higher in sodium. But it does have lots of good for you vitamins. If you like it, drink it. If you don't, eat some veggies instead.
  • sdai3
    sdai3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    All I know about V8 is it has secret beef flavoring in it.. so just in case any of you are veg*ans, watch out
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    The original has like 600 mg of sodium in it. There are low sodium versions of it however. I don't think it is a 100% vegetable replacement but as long as it is the low sodium version that carries like 30 calories I doubt it would hurt. I used to really like drinking it as a kid.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i like the low sodium one ..ice cold...BUT can only drink the small cans ..a big one is too much for me
    ^ ^
    This
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    super salty but I love it...

my boyfriend & I cook with it a lot too, like as a sauce ingredient instead of plain canned tomato sauce.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I use it for days I don't eat a lot or need more calories

A can has like, 30-40 calories in it. You'd have to drink many cans to fill up a calorie goal.

I like V8 but I like making my own veggie juice better. Just tossing random stuff in a blender. Often it tastes really weird (just like V8) but it has far less sodium and I feel good because I made it.

I don't see much wrong with it. I'm just boggled that you would use such a low calorie item to fill up to your goal.
  • Sarahkittymeoww
    Options
    I like it! Well, the 100% vegetable juice, anyway. I do like the rest but they have a lot of sugar. Plus, I already eat a lot of fruit but don't always get in enough veggies. Almost everyone I know thinks it's super gross, but give me a nice, super cold glass of it and I can have that in place of a meal if I need to. Mmmm
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I use the spicy version to make an awesome bloody mary, but otherwise, I think of it as junk food.

But, I think of all juice as junk food (all the sugar without the pulp and fiber and skin of the fruit & usually way too processed). So, I'm kinda weird (and some may say extreme) like that about juice.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I love it, but the salt content is very high.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I WANT to like it because it smells so good. But I HATE it. LOL
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I use the spicy version to make an awesome bloody mary, but otherwise, I think of it as junk food.

I do the same at times.
  • HisJellyBean
    HisJellyBean Posts: 112
    Options
    Never tryed it