Injury Setback

Options
Two months ago I fractured my ankle playing tennis, which completely threw my routine upside down. I was unable to run, and my exercise was pretty much limited to an arm bike and some upper body weight training. To this point I have gained back 17 of the 40 pounds that I lost, and I feel so dejected.

...But today starts the logging again. I have to get back into shape for my first triathlon on August 29.

Does anyone else have similar experiences that they have overcome?

Thanks!

Replies

• sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    HI,
    The last 6 months, I have had a wrentched back, a deep foot sprain, knee pain and knees giving out during workouts, colds, achilles pain, shoulder issues due to car accident....the list goes on. I know mine isn't necessarily as serious as a broken bone but each time I was devastated and had fear that I couldn't train. My trainer always found ways to work around it somehow. Maybe swimming would be a good switch for you to keep up your cardio, but ease in your ankle.
    Currently, I have a sinus infection and back, knee, shoulder pain, but I'm going to go to the gym and push through. Sometimes I have to rest which is the best for me as well. Anyway, I know it is horrible to be off your game, but you can get back to it! It never is an easy road and as I say.....when life gives you hurdles, be a track star! May you reach all of your goals in this moment of adversity.
    150768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator