I survived Bob Harper's May Challenge!

Options
abbybean11
abbybean11 Posts: 122 Member
Hey, everybody! So I did Bob Harper's May Challenge this month and I also started a vegan diet! Bob's challenge was to do one of his workout DVD's for 6 days a week. Not gonna lie, I missed about a week of those workouts, but I did my best! On the days that I didn't do a DVD, I did some kind of cardio like a long bike ride or an interval run on the treadmill, so I didn't totally go off track, I just didn't follow the program exactly. Bob is an awesome motivator and I don't find him annoying unlike some other workout DVD's. Sometimes I scream at the screen, but it's all out of love. Also, the first week that I went vegan I had some serious withdrawal symptoms and could not even get out of bed (but now I'm feeling better than ever!), so that made me miss some workouts. I did my best!

Anyway, here are my results from May 1st to May 31st:

~ Lost exactly 4 pounds, which translates to a pound a week! I have my goals set to 1.4 pounds/week, but I'll take it!

Stomach (lower belly, my biggest problem!) : lost 1.25 inches!
Waist: Lost .75 inches!
Hips: Lost an inch and a half!
Lower Hips: Lost .75 inches!
Bust: Lost 1.25 inches!
Arms: Lost half an inch!
Thighs: Lost half an inch!

Those were the only measurements I took. Anyway, I'd call that a success! I'm still a little too self-conscious to post pictures of myself in my underwear, but I can see a difference! Everything looks tighter (definitely got rid of some of the cellulite look), and I no longer have love handles (at least the lines have disappeared!). I just look tighter all around, which feels great! It's been really hot here in New York for the past week, and I have just felt awesome in my summer clothes! Love it!

Thanks for all of your support and encouragement through this month! It's time to think of some new goals for June! What are your goals??

Replies

• Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have thought about going on a vegan diet.. but the concept terrifies me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!