Disgusted!!!

Options
Asces
Asces Posts: 182
You know, I love how this site can help so many people work towards their goals, so I suggest it to friends. Maybe I should not be doing that.

I have to say I am disgusted with some of your behaviour on this site! Someone makes a post and you don't like how they word it or what they have to say and you feel the need to rip them apart until they are in tears and feeling worthless.

We all started at nothing and are all in the process of learning. How about treating people with some respect and encouraging them! And you know what, if you don't like what they have to say there is the option of closing the window instead of making them feel worthless and stupid!

This site should be full of positivity and encouragement, but time and time again I see just how bitter and hateful some of you are and there is no need to take that out on someone else. If you don't like your own life, how about you change those things you dislike instead of taking your bitter negative attitude out on everyone else!

I am so upset. None of us are perfect and all of us have room for improvement!

And yes, some of you are now going to rip this post apart and find some way to insult me but whatever. Time to grow up people, this isn't the playground any more!

Replies

• _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You know, I love how this site can help so many people work towards their goals, so I suggest it to friends. Maybe I should not be doing that.

I have to say I am disgusted with some of your behaviour on this site! Someone makes a post and you don't like how they word it or what they have to say and you feel the need to rip them apart until they are in tears and feeling worthless.

We all started at nothing and are all in the process of learning. How about treating people with some respect and encouraging them! And you know what, if you don't like what they have to say there is the option of closing the window instead of making them feel worthless and stupid!

This site should be full of positivity and encouragement, but time and time again I see just how bitter and hateful some of you are and there is no need to take that out on someone else. If you don't like your own life, how about you change those things you dislike instead of taking your bitter negative attitude out on everyone else!

And yes, some of you are now going to rip this post apart and find some way to insult me but whatever. Time to grow up people, this isn't the playground any more!

Its true
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Sorry you feel that way.

bacon-bouquet-1.jpg
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to insult you.

This is my playground.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    :blushing:

I take it this is a compliment thread?
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more.

Honestly, after seeing some of these posts, I'm terrified of putting up a success picture. What if when I get to my goal weight/size and feel perfect, I have a bunch of people on here to tell me to:

a) eat a sammich
    b) keep working. you're still too fat.

People are becoming cruel on here. The negativity is daunting.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I want some bacon wrapped jalapenos filled with cream cheese.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options

Not trying to be a hater, but are you new to the internet? I mean, this happens all over the place, not just here. I mean, yeah, it would be great if everyone were positive and supportive all the time, but we don't live in Utopia, and reality isn't that nice.

I would recommend not letting what people say on the internet (people you probably don't know anyway) bother you. Opinions are like a**holes, right?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    How about posting something positive and maybe others will follow?

Posting negative comments towards negative threads probably won't help.

Lead by example.
  • Asces
    Options

Not trying to be a hater, but are you new to the internet? I mean, this happens all over the place, not just here. I mean, yeah, it would be great if everyone were positive and supportive all the time, but we don't live in Utopia, and reality isn't that nice.

I would recommend not letting what people say on the internet (people you probably don't know anyway) bother you. Opinions are like a**holes, right?

Yes, this is the internet got it! But this is a site where people should be encouraging others and I see more negative than positive time and time again.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options

Agree that there are some who seem to always be negative. I let their comments go and look at the positive comments.

Some people just don't have the same filter on the internet that they would in person....and some just don't care.

Gotta have a thick skin when people hide behind their computers to say things.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Sorry you feel that way.

bacon-bouquet-1.jpg

I'd marry you if you sent that to me.....
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Some people just don't have the same filter on the internet that they would in person....and some just don't care.

I fall into the latter.
  • Asces
    Options
    How about posting something positive and maybe others will follow?

Posting negative comments towards negative threads probably won't help.

Lead by example.

I have bit my tongue for a long time and not said anything because i had nothing nice to say, but I am tired of my friends being ripped apart for nothing so it is time I say something.I am positive to every friend I have.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    mmmmm.....bacon....

OP - I agree.

Spiros - I have the same fear about my progress pics - I know I have more to lose, but even when I get to goal weight and am as toned as I can get without roids, I will not have a perfect body like I did in my 20s. It already makes me insecure enough!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Tl;dr
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

Yes, this is the internet got it! But this is a site where people should be encouraging others and I see more negative than positive time and time again.

It's just a site. The people here make it what it is and what it becomes.
  • SlimSammy2012
    SlimSammy2012 Posts: 893
    Options
    OP, I agree that this is suppose to help people and it has helped me immensly. The issue is that this is a FREE site and some people think it means they can opine their oppinions and feelings good and unfortunately bad or mean . When we don't address these people's comments and ignore them, they'll go back to the hole that they crawled out of and go bother others of their own makeup.

keep the Smiles up and ignore them and you will be fine.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I have bit my tongue for a long time and not said anything because i had nothing nice to say, but I am tired of my friends being ripped apart for nothing so it is time I say something.I am positive to every friend I have.
    I would just advise your friends to use their own walls for support. You're not new here, so you know how the public forums can be. Be a good friend and advise them against posting in them unless they have thick skin and can overlook the jerkholes.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I fall into the latter.
    Nice. People like you make our world a better place.
  • Asces
    Options
    I would just advise your friends to use their own walls for support. You're not new here, so you know how the public forums can be. Be a good friend and advise them against posting in them unless they have thick skin and can overlook the jerkholes.

This is probably the best advice I could give them. It is just so sad, because some of them are new to all this and could really use the help of others around them.