what do you use as a cocktail mixer?

Options
I drink a cocktail after work and need a low cal low sodium no artificial sweetner mixer

Replies

• scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Depends what you like!

We've been juicing fresh limes & lemons and mixing with tequila and blended ice -- so good! Almost like a marg, but less sweet. You might need a bit of honey at the beginning to get used to the sour. I think it'd work with vodka or gin.

My go to (when I don't want to drink a lot) is fizzy water with lots of ice and lime and the alcohol of your choice (usually vodka for me).
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest Sprite zero but that has aspertame in it. thats what i use with my Orange stoli..:drinker:
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Diet tonic water
    Sodas that use very little sugar, such as Dry sodas (I love the cucumber with some gin, only 45 calories of pure sugar cane per 12 oz bottle).
    You can even buy these online http://www.drysoda.com/drink-dry-soda.php (I don't work for them I just really like them.)
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My go to (when I don't want to drink a lot) is fizzy water with lots of ice and lime and the alcohol of your choice (usually vodka for me).

^^^^^^ This!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    real cranberry juice and vodka with lots of ice.
  • Pheonix2012
    Pheonix2012 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    When I'm out and watching my calories, I always go for a Gin & Tonic. Light bubbly and refreshing!
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Ice. :) My favorite mixed drink is Rum and Ice. Thats considered mixed, right?