Breakfast for Champions

Shakes
Shakes Posts: 54
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Breakfast Of Champions....Is not for me! After some advice on my calorie intake (and the well known fact that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!) I. Cant. Do. It. First off, it makes me feel icky throughout the day, I end up eating my lunch at 4pm or later because Im not hungry and a even later dinner! :explode: :mad: :explode: What makes it worse is my neighbor and I have started a 8am yoga class, and eating before class just makes me sick to my stomach! What gives? Why cant I skip breakfast and still be healthy??

FYI....Ive tried different foods also, its not what I'm eating, its the time I'm eating :angry:

Replies

• hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Breakfast Of Champions....Is not for me! After some advice on my calorie intake (and the well known fact that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!) I. Cant. Do. It. First off, it makes me feel icky throughout the day, I end up eating my lunch at 4pm or later because Im not hungry and a even later dinner! :explode: :mad: :explode: What makes it worse is my neighbor and I have started a 8am yoga class, and eating before class just makes me sick to my stomach! What gives? Why cant I skip breakfast and still be healthy??

FYI....Ive tried different foods also, its not what I'm eating, its the time I'm eating :angry:
    im the same way, but i found that an apple or orange its actually refreshing ...unfortunately i dont have any today so of course im eating breakfast late......shrimp cocktail with some corn
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    What gives? Why cant I skip breakfast and still be healthy??

i won't bore you with the technicality of this but basically when you go to sleep, your metabolism really slows down because you're not going to be eating for 8 hours or so. if you eat you last meal at 8 at night, and wake up 8 the next morning, that's 12 hours that you're body has not received any nutrition so when you're eating breakfast, you're literally breaking fast. You're body needs the food to jump-start your metabolism. If you don't eat it, your body will go into starvation mode. This will seriously derail your weight loss goals.

i wasn't a breakfast eater myself until recently and here's some ways i've converted:

1) don't eat anything up to three hours before you go to sleep.
    2) start off small: an apple, a glass of milk, a granola bar.
    3) eat a smaller dinner do you're hungrier in the morning.

hope i helped some.
    :heart: aisha
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    I eat dinner earlier so that I'm hungry in the morning. I usually eat around 7PM so that when I get up I'm really hungry.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    What gives? Why cant I skip breakfast and still be healthy??
    [/quote]

Empty gas tank, car won't go! your body is like that!
  • mojomcgee
    mojomcgee Posts: 50
    I don't do breakfast well either. I've heard it's ok not to eat for a few hours after waking up if you're not hungry. In simplicity ..if you're hungry eat and if you're not don't. Also I have read that it's good to just have fruit in the am, but that doesn't work for me either. I just listen to my body and I don't force or deprive myself much. I have my 1/2 cup coffee when I get up then about 3 hours later I feel I can eat but it usually has to be a carb for some reason like a whole grain muffin or oatmeal or else my tummy feels sick. Also try not to eat at least 4 hours before you go to bed and you will be hungry earlier. If you eat lunch so late just skip dinner and have a nutritious snack instead. Sometimes my lunch is my big meal and I have dessert for dinner. A bit unkosher I know but that's how I have my cake and eat it too:)
  • Shakes
    Shakes Posts: 54
    I don't do breakfast well either. I've heard it's ok not to eat for a few hours after waking up if you're not hungry. In simplicity ..if you're hungry eat and if you're not don't. Also I have read that it's good to just have fruit in the am, but that doesn't work for me either. I just listen to my body and I don't force or deprive myself much. I have my 1/2 cup coffee when I get up then about 3 hours later I feel I can eat but it usually has to be a carb for some reason like a whole grain muffin or oatmeal or else my tummy feels sick. Also try not to eat at least 4 hours before you go to bed and you will be hungry earlier. If you eat lunch so late just skip dinner and have a nutritious snack instead. Sometimes my lunch is my big meal and I have dessert for dinner. A bit unkosher I know but that's how I have my cake and eat it too:)

I think i might try the muffin thing. I like my green tea in the morning cause I gave up coffee:sad: but its a better fit;) Actually I might go buy some fruit and muffins and try that. thanks :heart:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    I have always hated breakfast. Eating that early made me nauseous. I could only choke something down 2-3 hours later. For 40 years I never ate breakfast. Ok, maybe as dinner...at night :tongue:

But...because I am trying to jump start a half-dead metabolism...I have made a herculean effort to eat anyway.

I eat what I like and it's getting easier and easier. I have eggs, bacon, whole wheat toast and sugar free jelly, and fruit. At first I had to sit at the table and force the food into my mouth, but I do enjoy it now. And honestly, I feel much, MUCH better all day since I started eating as soon as I get up. I eat every 3 hours, small snacks, to keep my hunger level down and blood sugar level. It is working very well.

Eat something you really enjoy, and as you get used to doing that, you can gradually change it to something a little healthier maybe. I swear, I do feel better since eating breakfast.
This discussion has been closed.